Lane Kiffin leaving U.T. !!!!

FUJIMO

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluemax

Kiffen just got a big raise and a lot easier coaching job.

All due respect, but what more could Kiffen be offered than he was already given at UT. Between the contract, the endorsments, the way he and his family was received by the community..not the community that most of us know but the upscale, country club community... HE EVEN NAMED HIS SON KNOX!!! Thats gonna be a publicity stunt thats gonna take some explaining in a few years. I had high hopes for Kiffen but with this example of his charactor and loyalty; I say don't let the door hit you in the ass !!!!

Well Mike Hamiltion has finally said something:

“I want to thank Coach Kiffin for his work with our program this past year,†said Men’s Athletics Director Mike Hamilton. “We have already begun a search for the new head football coach of the Tennessee Volunteers and we’ll complete this process as quickly as possible to put the right person in place to lead our great football program forward in the months and years ahead.

:D:screwy::popcorn::panic::x:

Guest Sgt. Joe
Well Mike Hamiltion has finally said something:

“I want to thank Coach Kiffin for his work with our program this past year,†said Men’s Athletics Director Mike Hamilton. “We have already begun a search for the new head football coach of the Tennessee Volunteers and we’ll complete this process as quickly as possible to put the right person in place to lead our great football program forward in the months and years ahead.

That statement sounds to me about like a rape victim saying "I liked that"

"Quickly as possible" and the "right person" seem two things that will be very hard to do. I cant wish the Orange good luck the SEC is tough enough already. But you guys know what I mean.

I'd bet K$^$^% has hired security for any trips that he has to make back here. USC may well send their CHP once he signs.

"Quickly as possible"

"Quickly as possible" is how we ended up with Kiffin in the first place.

Hamilton took the easy way and got a guy who wasn't under contract with anybody and was the easiest "get" at the time.

Now, the chickens have come home to roost.

Guest mosinon
I'm from Alaska, what do I know about UT football :D

All I know of the man is from what I've seen since I've been in TN....and maybe everyone is right about him losing fire......but I never saw a thing that impressed me and I don't believe in living in the past for someone that doesn't want to do their job and can't recruit.

The knock on Phil, back in the day, was that he couldn't coach.No one questioned his recruiting.

Let's see, who did Phil get...

John Crompton (big name at the time)

Montario Hardesty

Peyton Manning (but that guy never panned out)

Tee Martin

Leonard Little

Al Wilson

James Stewart

Peerless Price

Deon Grant

Albert Haynesworth

Travis Henry

Jamal Lewis

Eric Berry

Donte Stallworth

Jason Witten

But yeah, he couldn't really recruit. And he couldn't tell talent when he saw it.

The knock on Phil, back in the day, was that he couldn't coach.No one questioned his recruiting.

Montario Hardesty

Tee Martin

Leonard Little

Al Wilson

James Stewart

Peerless Price

Deon Grant

Albert Haynesworth

Travis Henry

Jamal Lewis

Eric Berry

Donte Stallworth

Jason Witten

But yeah, he couldn't really recruit. And he couldn't tell talent when he saw it.

True, but how many of those names you cite were signed from 2001-2002 and later ?

Guest 70below

Montario Hardesty

Tee Martin

Leonard Little

Al Wilson

James Stewart

Peerless Price

Deon Grant

Albert Haynesworth

Travis Henry

Jamal Lewis

Eric Berry

Donte Stallworth

Jason Witten

Most of the names on your list were prior to my introduction to UT football. And yes, he did recruit some big names, but when you're a big school and won recently, you're going to draw much bigger names than when you have to draw hot shots that don't like the way you coach and you haven't been winning.

Guest mosinon
Most of the names on your list were prior to my introduction to UT football. And yes, he did recruit some big names, but when you're a big school and won recently, you're going to draw much bigger names than when you have to draw hot shots that don't like the way you coach and you haven't been winning.

I'm pretty sure that you're basically making excuses for your earlier criticism of Phil. Oh he was good because.. or something.

He was good because he was freaking good. He should be known around here here as Phil THE FREAKING MAN Fulmer.

He was the best thing Ut could hope for in the nineties. I'm not sure if he lost the fire or everyone else caught up but for a time he was great.

UT fans never appreciated what they had.

I'm pretty sure that you're basically making excuses for your earlier criticism of Phil. Oh he was good because.. or something.

He was good because he was freaking good. He should be known around here here as Phil THE FREAKING MAN Fulmer.

He was the best thing Ut could hope for in the nineties. I'm not sure if he lost the fire or everyone else caught up but for a time he was great.

UT fans never appreciated what they had.

Phil? Is that you?:P
Guest Bluemax
Phil? Is that you?:P

Unfortunatly no, Its the ghost of football present. I am and always will be a UT fan regardless of politics or coaching issues People have chosen to make fun of the way I coached during my tenure at Tennesse. The ghost of football past would like to remind everyone that although I was maligned for my old school style, I still hold one of the best records in Collegiate history, also despite my problems with player discipline , I somehow managed to keep mischief under the armed robbery level.

Be careful what you wish for you may get it

Signed Phil the Great Pumpkin :P:popcorn::P

Unfortunatly no, Its the ghost of football present. I am and always will be a UT fan regardless of politics or coaching issues People have chosen to make fun of the way I coached during my tenure at Tennesse. The ghost of football past would like to remind everyone that although I was maligned for my old school style, I still hold one of the best records in Collegiate history, also despite my problems with player discipline , I somehow managed to keep mischief under the armed robbery level.

Be careful what you wish for you may get it

Signed Phil the Great Pumpkin :P:popcorn::P

Phil Fulmer with David Cutcliffe, 8.3 years- 86-19, .819

Phil Fulmer without David Cutcliffe, 8 years- 66-33, .667

Here is a video of Kiffin's "press conference" talking about leaving.Lane Kiffin Leaves Vols for USC | UT Sports TV He wouldnt even answer 3 questions out of respect for the UT fans. f*** Kiffin, f*** Monte,f*** Orgeron, and f*** Hamilton. What a prick. Seriously Lane, one f***ing year? And leaving to go to the Pac 10? Come on man. I hope you lose every game and they fire your ass! I'm drunk and I'm going to bed now.

Edited by Jasongar8

Wow,

This is bad

Knoxville fire officials and university police were on campus after Kiffin's announcement as students burned mattresses and gathered around the athletic department building in hopes of blocking Kiffin from leaving campus. It was not clear if Kiffin was still on campus at the time.

geez, the guy took a job here, he did not marry the place.

If USC was his dream job he has every reason to move on and take it.

If my dream job came calling I would be outta here in a second as I guess pretty much everyone on this board would be. Just because he is a football coach does not allow us to hold him to different standards. The coaching position is a job, nothing more. He owed no one any more than the buyout clause in his contract.

UT football will survive.

Expecting someone to stay because of a perceived loyalty to a public institution is just naive.