Lane Kiffin leaving U.T. !!!!

FUJIMO

What's odd is how many Vol fans I know COMPLETELY embraced LK when he came to UT and made comments suggesting other teams' fans were 'scared' of LK when we made fun of him.

Sometimes it's tough to have perspective, but we had this one right...

From the bginning, I told people that I had trouble with someone who talked :D before they had done :poop:.

I was impressed with Monte's defense, though. Wished we could have kept him. But, a man who won't stand up to his own child and at least try to steer him the right direction, gets very little respect from me.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I understand vol fans being upset, if you step back and look at the situation with clear eye's, would you not do the same thing if given the chance?

It was no big secret that USC was his "dream job". Their family ties were out there and while I don't know how much USC offered him, I'm willing to bet money was a factor.

Now before everyone jumps me, I do admit the way he left was wrong, what I'm saying is, given the chance to coach at your "dream job" for at least the same, if not more money, would you not jump at the chance?

While I understand vol fans being upset, if you step back and look at the situation with clear eye's, would you not do the same thing if given the chance?

It was no big secret that USC was his "dream job". Their family ties were out there and while I don't know how much USC offered him, I'm willing to bet money was a factor.

Now before everyone jumps me, I do admit the way he left was wrong, what I'm saying is, given the chance to coach at your "dream job" for at least the same, if not more money, would you not jump at the chance?

When was he supposed to quit? They were offering the job right then.

I don't blame him, its a business.

When was he supposed to quit? They were offering the job right then.

I don't blame him, its a business.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Reading some of the posts in this thread, re-naming a sewage plant after Lane etc..., it just seems a little crazy don't you think?

I have no dog in this fight, I'm a Gator's fan, but I would bet that most of the people who are so "upset" with him, would do the exact same thing he did under the circumstance.

AS of right now, 2:56 P.M. CST, on January 22, 2010, I, BigPoppa, am officially Lane Kiffined out. I will speak of him no further after this post.

I was upset, angry, and hurt. I spoke ill of Lane Kiffin. I am over it. Derek Dooley is my Head Coach now, he has my full, unadulterated support and confidence and that's that.

Naming a sewage plant after Lane Kiffin is just dumb. Let the wound close, and stop doing things to perpetuate the "Scorned Hillbilly" stigma. He will reap what he has sown, all in due time.

I am moving on. I urge my fellow Big Orange brethren to do likewise.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Reading some of the posts in this thread, re-naming a sewage plant after Lane etc..., it just seems a little crazy don't you think?

I have no dog in this fight, I'm a Gator's fan, but I would bet that most of the people who are so "upset" with him, would do the exact same thing he did under the circumstance.

Personally, if you are a Gators fan in my opinion you got no reason to be living in Rocky Top.