Chattanooga range(s)?

Guest Tenngunner

Guest Tenngunner

Hi, TGO Friends- :)

I am in Chattown, and a while back some kind folks here were discussing an outdoor range, but unfortunately I've misplaced the information. All I can remember was that it was supposed to be large, and it seems like they said it was somewhere in the Highway 27 vicinity....help, please?

I know pretty much all the indoor ones, but this one was unfamiliar to me.

Thanks in advance- :poop:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TurboniumOxide

I would be a member of CRC, but they don't want anyone less than 65 years old. They told me there was a long waiting list, anyway. So, I have lost interest. Not the first time I have tried either. Annoying.

Prentice cooper is where I go. I will be there Saturday, haven't decided yet what I am going to take with me. I have a new timney trigger in my LR-308, so probably that.

I will be wearing a Tan Larue Tactical ball cap, and probably be on the 50 yard side. Come and say howdy, my name is Jeff.

Welcome to the site!

I would be a member of CRC, but they don't want anyone less than 65 years old. They told me there was a long waiting list, anyway. So, I have lost interest. Not the first time I have tried either. Annoying.

Prentice cooper is where I go. I will be there Saturday, haven't decided yet what I am going to take with me. I have a new timney trigger in my LR-308, so probably that.

I will be wearing a Tan Larue Tactical ball cap, and probably be on the 50 yard side. Come and say howdy, my name is Jeff.

Welcome to the site!

i am a member of crc and i am not 65 years old.

I am 30 and a member of CRC. Actually they want a young crowd to take over someday.

Sure there is a small waiting list but is that not a good thing when you think about it? renewals are in june/july then new people can join as depending on how many did not renew.

Guest faust921

Are you serious? 65? Get out!.........?

Are you serious? 65? Get out!.........?

No...he was making a tongue and cheek joke or someone told him a lie.

I have been a member there since I was in my 20's

There is a wait list and membership is capped at 1000...the good thing about this is that if someone isn't willing to wait - they aren't really the people a good range is looking for. They have the best facilities in the area by far.

Guest TurboniumOxide

They told me at the time, and this is without knowing anything about me, that the only openings that they had immediately were for seniors 65+. I also didn't know anyone that could sponsor me. The board of directors CAN at their discretion become your sponsor. They were very discouraging on the phone.

I also shoot in Cleveland, as I have a friend there, and I work in Cleveland. It would be hard to beat CHRPC,

although CRC and PC is closer to home. I am exactly the kind of person that they should want at CRC. Responsible father and husband, good range habits, good hardware and 35+ years shooting experience.

Edited by TurboniumOxide
Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

I only had to wait about 4 to 6 months to get in, and I am only 27. It's worth getting on the waiting list to join. There are more ranges to choose from at CRC, you can shoot much longer distances, never crowded, never wait for a bench to set up your gear, and best of all no idiots that have no idea of proper range safety and etiquette.

The only thing PC is worth going to after you join CRC is to pick up free brass.

I belong to a nice range in Cleveland, no waiting list to get in and its a great facility. It will be open to the public this coming Saturday for our monthly IDPA match come out and look it over and shoot the match with us if you like. The match fee is $10.00, and we try to get shooting around 10:00am.

I belong to a nice range in Cleveland, no waiting list to get in and its a great facility. It will be open to the public this coming Saturday for our monthly IDPA match come out and look it over and shoot the match with us if you like. The match fee is $10.00, and we try to get shooting around 10:00am.

Is it $10 to shoot or to watch?

I plan to join there very soon. I have never visited the facilities, but I hear good things. There are a lot of competitions there... sounds like fun!

How crowded are the ranges during the week (typically)?

as soon as the paycheck allows. I'll join the cleveland range. I've been there a few times with a buddy of mine who is a member. it is a very! Nice range facility.

I've heard too many complaints about CRC, but If I get serious about long range, I may consider joining.

I've heard too many complaints about CRC, but If I get serious about long range, I may consider joining.

CRC is a good place to get your feet wet and learn the range commands and course of fire. If Jack Little or Chuck Polk are still running the 3x500's, they are both good people. Jack is a Champion level shooter and a damn good gunsmith as well. You don't have to be a member to shoot the matches either, you just pay the match fees and shoot.

When you get serious about long range, then you'll drive an hour or so north to either AEDC or ORSA and shoot the 1000 yard matches.

Usually 6 -10 shooters there. I've never had a problem getting a pistol bay by myself. Never seen more than 2 or 3 rifle shooters at a time on the rifle ranges.

Don't think I've ever seen that many folks there at one time,myself.

Usually I'll see 2 or 3 people there, but it's not uncommon for me to have the entire place to myself during the week.

For those that were asking, the best thing about CHRPC is each bay has berms running along the sides, so as long as you have the bay to yourself (which you always do) you can shoot from anywhere, in any direction.

If you do matches, or 'tactical shooting drills' you can practice them down there, and place your target stands where you wish. :)