1st gun show in 7 years

chipperi

I decided to go and treat myself the Meadowview show yesterday since I found a new job. It was the first show I have attended in 7 years. Man alive I'm lucky not to have a concussion. I moved here from Maryland where you are not allowed to do person to person sales at gun shows so it wasn't much of a problem. Now I love the fact that you can in TN as have sold quite a few. But is a gun show floor the right place? They should have an area set off to the side for personal sales especially long guns. I swear everybody had a loosely slung rifle or shotgun over their shoulder, and every time they bent over to look at a table or suddenly turned around, you were faced with a steel bar flying at your head. It also seemed in an extremely crowded room the best place they could find to discuss the potential sale of their firearm was either in the middle of the isle creating a wicked traffic jam, or right in front of a table everybody was trying to look at. Also what does beef jerky, magnetic jewelry, glasses and jewelry cleaning, and Nascar collectibles have to do with a gun show??

Ok done venting now I learned not to waste 18 bucks.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 bucks, was that the admission price? If so, I thought 8.00 for the last one I went to was a little steep. That sounds about like the gun auction that I WAS going to attend yesterday, they were asking 25 bucks, I said H*** no.

a gun "auction" was wanting to charge $25 for what ? The ability to bid on some guns ? That's not powell auction you are talking about is it ? lmfao

18 bucks, was that the admission price? If so, I thought 8.00 for the last one I went to was a little steep. That sounds about like the gun auction that I WAS going to attend yesterday, they were asking 25 bucks, I said H*** no.

Most of the rk shows in the knoxville area charge 10.00 but you can print out a coupon online for 1.00 off which I do so it cost 9.00 then.

Got another gun show next week here in Jackson. I think I'll probably pass, as I don't like being charged just to look at guns that I MIGHT be interested in or may purchase.

my sentiments exactly --

i'd rather take that $10 and add it to my spending fund so i can do some dickering with a 'local' shop who might appreciate my business.

wake up and smell the economy --- $5. is tops in my opinion.:hat:

thanks, bob

$18.00???? no way i would pay that to see a bunch of knifes and beef jerky. it has got to the point that the price to get in has made it not worth the trouble. the gun shows are a bunch of high price guns, ammo, rambo stuff, along with lots of beef jerky, magnetic jewelry, glasses and jewelry cleaning, and nascar collectibles. and the local gun stores are getting about the same, high price and rude people. must be the reason internet sales are killing them.

Guest Tusculum

18.00? Thats horrible! Last show I went to was Meadowview. I cant say people are "rude" at these things but you can always see in advance where the table full of guns are. There are 10 or more guys crowded around that table shooting the bull and you have to practically pile drive your way through them. Gun shows are getting like motorcycle swap meets. They have clothes and gear but no guns to speak of. Cycle meets used to have piles of used parts but 3rd world country clothes and junk fill the sites. Last time I went to Meadowview(About 3 yrs ago, It was just 10.00 to get in. But on the other hand, If you wanna sell guns,Rent you a table. I rented one at Meadowview about 5 yrs ago and sold 5500.00 worth of shotguns in 2 days. I took 25 or so and only brought 2 home.

Meadowview is always like that. I was there yesterday, too, and it sucked. It will be my last one for a while. I though it was against the law to sell a gun on the floor. I watched the police cart a guy off at the last show there for doing exactly that. It's perfectly legal in the parking lot, though. I also agree with all the other CRAP that they have there. I go to these shows for guns, gun parts, gun accessories, ammo, and holsters...not beef jerkey or jewelry!

• 1 month later...
Guest Tygarys
offtopic: I wish theyd ban that horrid "sport" they call nascar. what a worthless boring idiotic concept.

You don't think NASCAR is a sport?! Thems fightin words! :D