Bank carry?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to check the laws!! No carrying in a Federal Building!! If a bank is insured by FDIC, then it is considersd a Federal Building.

WRONG!!!!!

You go and talk to the local owner of some of these small local banks and ask them if their buidling is a federal buidling.....

Besides it's the money that is insured by FDIC, not the bank.

Edited by Fallguy
Need to check the laws!! No carrying in a Federal Building!! If a bank is insured by FDIC, then it is considersd a Federal Building.

Using this line of thinking, every home protected by (Federally subsidized) flood insurance is a Federal building and, thus, not legal to carry in.

Guest mikedwood

When I first got my permit I found seemingly reliable information saying that it was unlawful to carry in a bank and I also found seemingly reliable information saying that it was lawful to carry in a bank.

I was confused, so I talked to Mike at Austin's Tennessee Firearms about it and he set me straight that it is OK to carry in a bank unless it's posted. Also a local police officer was in there at the time and also said it was OK. That's all I need. I trust Mike so I cc and continue to do so when I enter my bank. So far no problems at all.

Guest Drewsett
Using this line of thinking, every home protected by (Federally subsidized) flood insurance is a Federal building and, thus, not legal to carry in.

You know, just for fun, let's NOT think of new and more interesting ways for the anti-gunners to increase the scope of the federal government's power

They certainly don't need any help with new crackpot ideas!

Guest Muttling

I carry in Bank of America. Not posted and I am unaware of any laws saying you can't.

That said, I agree with the guy who noted that OC would likely be frowned upon. I can't imagine open carry in a bank not causing a big ruccus. Heck, you'd probably have a teller hit a panic button before you were asked to leave.

Edited by Muttling
Guest Muttling
Wow. You guys really know how to confuse a girl. I think I got it...no wait...no...umm....yeah...I got it. ;)

Yes. We have that effect on women. Next thing you'll be feeling light headed and...ummm....Nevermind

:)

I carry when going to my bank.I do construction for a National and a Fed Savings bank,out of approx 700 locations I have only found one that is posted.It's located in Whitehall,OH.

Ironically, a good place to be armed.

Thats for sure,when I have to visit that branch I just know my truck will be missing when I return to the parking lot.

After I've thought about....who goes in to banks that much anymore anyway?

I mean with direct deposit, ATMs and online banking....

Even when I bought my truck a lot of it was done over the phone, stopped by for about 5 minutes to sign the paper work that was already printed.

Guest Pt709Slim

I work for SunTrust, and I called our regional security director today to ask about their (our) policy on carrying. The answer was:

"There is no federal law that prohibits it (which I already knew) but, it is looked down upon in the branches" i.e. not posted!

So I say, until they tell you otherwise......do it! just wish I could!!

Guest HVAC Worker

I carry in First Tennessee everytime I walk in thru the doors.Heck I carry 99% of the time that I am awake.I prefer to do buisness with a person,not a automated phone or online when doing my company and personal banking needs.Face time goes a long way into getting things done at a bank if the people know you,just my thoughts.

I carry in First Tennessee everytime I walk in thru the doors.Heck I carry 99% of the time that I am awake.I prefer to do buisness with a person,not a automated phone or online when doing my company and personal banking needs.Face time goes a long way into getting things done at a bank if the people know you,just my thoughts.

I agree with the face to face comment and I think there is a cash withdraw limit in the drive through.Then theres the safe deposit box.

Guest Old goat

I carry everytime I go, only 1 or 2 times a month. I'm the only one who ever knows, a couple of the young ladies would probably freak if they did.

Guest Angel 24/7

I have to go everyday for work and maybe once every 3 months to my bank. There is no signs posted. All I am saying is Concealed carry. No one knows it's there but me.

Cricket, cricket... :D

If you're going to post such an assertion in a thread like this, you should "back it up" or concede an error.

"Drive by" posts like this are worthless and can cause the further spread of ignorance.

Edited by TN-popo
The only posting I ever noticed was at Regions. It was for no sunglasses not guns. :D

As a banker, I understand that sign more than anything. We won't help you if we can't see your eyes or other distinguishing features. I was working one day and a guy came in with clown makeup on. Well you know what we were all thinking, ah :cool:, but it turned out he was just on his way to a gig and needed gas money. Needless to say, we educated him quickly about his lack of common sense and showed him the drive through for next time.