My shootin' buddies are buying Kimbers!

Will Carry

I have an older Pro Tactical II 4" (the one in my avatar pic) that I picked up used from a friend for much less than $1000. I put CTC grips on it and carry it. I've put about 200 rounds through it and haven't had a FTE or FTF. I love the way it feels in the hand and it's action. I also have a GP-100 and I'd recommend it, but I've found I'm more accurate with the Kimber. If you can find one at a reasonable price they're great, but I wouldn't pay $1300 for it. There are quality weapons to be had at a better price. Of course, your mileage may vary...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same old story, People can't afford Kimbers so they bash them:screwy:

I have alot of hand guns including, Glock 27, XD45, XDM40,2 Kimbers x45's,Ruger LCR,LCP,, Ruger SP101,Keltic 380, Colt 1911Combat Elite and on & on,

Have never had any real problems with any after a good break-in,

Only one that didn't need a break-in was the Glock

My Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, I replaced the factory mags with Wilson Combat mags only because at was recommended:tough:

All these weapons perform excellent, Love them all, Buy what you can afford,

Find a range that rents hand guns and try before you buy, That way you won't be disappointed after purchase :2cents:

The Kimbers are my favorite shooters at the range, Just plain fun to shoot

I mix up my carry from time to time, But the Glock is carried more day to day

I've got 6 1911s... 4 of them are more expensive than your typical Kimber. I do not recommend Kimbers for any reason, due to their build quality, ill-fitted parts, and my personal experience with two different Kimber firearms (a TLE II and a Classic). One had ejection issues, and the other had feed issues - these guns were broken in properly, and cared for by their owners (whom are friends of mine). I was sorely unimpressed, and to be honest - after they shot my run-of-the-mill Para SSP Limited, as well as my Dan Wesson PM7, they were more impressed with my firearms than their own. Here's a reason that I laugh at the "Elite Kimber Owners Club", too... (see picture).

This is a Raptor... note the slide-to-frame fit. You're kidding me, right?

KimberSucks2.jpg

This is especially noted in the second picture - seriously? I've seen better fitment out of a Taurus PT1911...

KimberSucks1.jpg

An average price for a Raptor is around ~$1300.00. For that much money - that gun had better at least LOOK well-fit and quality. This one, does not.

If thats yours, send it to Kimber, they will make it right!

I Own 2 Kimbers and have looked at many, I have never seen anything like

that...:rolleyes:

Is it yours?:confused:

I've got 6 1911s... 4 of them are more expensive than your typical Kimber. I do not recommend Kimbers for any reason, due to their build quality, ill-fitted parts, and my personal experience with two different Kimber firearms (a TLE II and a Classic). One had ejection issues, and the other had feed issues - these guns were broken in properly, and cared for by their owners (whom are friends of mine). I was sorely unimpressed, and to be honest - after they shot my run-of-the-mill Para SSP Limited, as well as my Dan Wesson PM7, they were more impressed with my firearms than their own. Here's a reason that I laugh at the "Elite Kimber Owners Club", too... (see picture).

This is a Raptor... note the slide-to-frame fit. You're kidding me, right?

KimberSucks2.jpg

This is especially noted in the second picture - seriously? I've seen better fitment out of a Taurus PT1911...

KimberSucks1.jpg

An average price for a Raptor is around ~$1300.00. For that much money - that gun had better at least LOOK well-fit and quality. This one, does not.

I own/have owned many pistol including ones more expensive than you typical kimber. BUT it must be said that a kimber is FAR from even a good choice in their respective market. Simply put I have seen more kimbers go down than any other gun. I am not going to go on a huge tirant about them but if anyone is interested there are quite a few threads on various website that speak to them. 10-8 forums comes to mind.

If thats yours, send it to Kimber, they will make it right!

I Own 2 Kimbers and have looked at many, I have never seen anything like

that...:cool:

Is it yours?:rolleyes:

Tri - thank God, no. That was a NEW firearm. A friend of mine sent me that photograph, with a caption in the email entitled "Here's something to fuel your fire, since you hate Kimbers, ha!" :rofl::( I don't doubt that a few "crappers" slip through every now and then, but upon inspection and initial firing (which they do, correct?) that gun should have been sent back to the workbench ASAP (or assembly line, lol). I can't believe that it made it out of the factory, and through QC.