gun show in knoxville? Jan 30, 31

Guest Baddawg865

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I did something really stupid! I went to the Chillhowee Park web site.

It specifically states that the Smokies Gunshow Will -NOT- be cancelled due to weather.

If you don't believe me go check for yourself. Not responsible if Mr Potatohead hacked their websight! :D

Guest Rockman

I was at the Jacobs Building Friday about noon. Several dealers had already shown up, had set up their tables, and more arrived while I was there. As of that time, the show had not been cancelled.

well the main roads don't seem bad enough to cancel anyway. Besides that I am sure there would be plenty of ticked off dealers if they did cancel. That being said, me and a couple buddies just called it a wash and decided it wasn't worth the trouble today. I mostly look for deals from the in-coming crowd which I can't imagine will be like normal. All the dealers will have their normal high gun, high ammo pricing and there is no doubt the stun gun guy is already buzzing it as we speak, lol.

I hate to miss a show because you never know what's going to come in, but I think my $9 this time around is better spent online :tough:

If anyone does go please give us a report.

Hmmmm, I may have to venture that way about 2 o'clock or so. May be possible to get a good deal on my new XD40 sub compact that I was wanting. Reckon?

Just got home from the show. I spend a total of 1 hour there. Many vendors didn't show up...I was looking for a holster and there was none to be found. I carried 2 pistols with me and occasionally was asked what they were. Didn't seem like much trading was going on...some decent deals on older glocks. All in all, it was a waste of my $20 (my wife went with me).

TICS was shut down. The place had filled up with lines of vehicles arriving. I saw several good deals. Lots of private sellers along with the usual vendors. AR prices were around $750. Saw an H&R 929 in decent shape that a friend was carrying around. Made me think of the East TN TGO contingent who weren't able to make the trip. In fact, I saw a few guns that the usual suspects would have liked. There were AR's at $725 and up at many tables, as well as some private sellers. I saw a mint box of belted AP and tracer .30-06 asking $375. More of a collector's thing, but it looked to be in great shape.

The elusive HCP badge was seen worn on the hip in all its glory, and will hopefully be posted here sometime today. Diversion tactics work great for flanking photography. I didn't get the picture, I just coordinated the attack. 70Below was the diversionary force while Caveman performed the camera attack.

There were some holsters for sale at one table. Can't tell you too much about them as the girl selling them was smoking hot. Jewelry girl was back in all her hotness as well. There was actually some decent milsurp to be had if anyone is looking for something.

Lots of prices have dropped, though some still haven't received the memo. One guy bought a NICE M44 w/ matching numbers and great looking original furniture for $150. The only other M44 that was there looked like it was fished out of the Volga river yesterday...it was $175, IIRC. Anyways, I enjoyed it.

The retards were out in force on the way home. I saw two vehicles that were spun out in different locations on the interstate. Looked to be people who think, "Well, they put salt down...let's go 90...OH #$%&!"

Heard it was supposed to drop to 19 degrees tonight and only get to 32 tomorrow. Probably be black ice everywhere, so be careful. That sounds racist.

Heard it was supposed to drop to 19 degrees tonight and only get to 32 tomorrow. Probably be hidden/un-noticeable ice everywhere, so be careful.

there, fixed it for ya, no one could ever accuse you of being racist, not even those dudes at the Walmart......:rolleyes: