Anyone ever use Gunbroker.com?

Guest GlocKingTN

Guest GlocKingTN

I was wandering if anyone ever buys anything off of Gunbroker.com? I bought some mags the other day from there. The seller was "joespawnshop" in Albertville, AL. The transaction was very smooth and quick! Paid $25 shipped for 2 15rd mags which I thought was a good price.

Anyone ele have any Gunbroker experiences?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a member at Gunbroker, but have only used it to window shop and comparison shop. I have learned that many items sold there can be obtained for less elsewhere. Many sellers who have Gunbroker listings also have eBay listings (except for the firearms themselves, of course.) More than once I have found an item on Gunbroker, but found it for less on eBay or at brownells, etc. Shopper beware.

That said, GB is a great place to get an idea of the current selling prices of used firearms, if you are in the market or thinking of selling something.

-L

Guest GlocKingTN

I do not use Paypal either. They screwed me out of about $1800 last year and it cost me almost as much in Lawyer fees to get it from them. So NEVER will I use Paypal again. With that said, I usually send a MO or call them if its a business and use a CC.

• Administrator
What do you guys use for payment?

Paypal isn't generally accepted by anyone over there, and I dislike sending money through the postal service...

I just take my lumps and pay the 3% fee to use a credit card with those who allow it. Otherwise, money order.

I've bought a gun or two off of there, and various accessories. You've really got to be patient and agile to get the best deals on desireable stuff...

I got my like-new P239 through GunBroker off of a no-reserve auction, $420... But, those deals don't come along often. I learned long ago that popular guns are at least (or more) expensive on GunBroker than some local gun-shops... I check them out sometimes once a week, unless I'm watching a particular auction. ImpactGuns and BudsGunShop have better deals 99% of the time.

I bought a Para companion with night sights and bobbed hammer off of gunbroker a while back and I think I got a good deal on it I paid $500 shipped and I think I paid $25 to transfer it. I also bought a rifle rest and had good luck with that, on both items I sent them a money order. The only bad thing about gunbroker is that the people selling guns on there want at least retail or more for their guns and when you pay to have it shipped and transferred then you have paid more than it is worth. You can do a state search and find something local that might be a good deal.

Guest GlocKingTN

Yeah, their prices sound great until you start adding all the extras. Like shipping, FFL fees, and taxes(if in your home state). But I have found some good deals on there, then turned around a few days later and looked at a local gun shop and found a deal even better.