Circuit Judge

Guest billwilly73

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

I like this a lot for some reason. I did not have much interest in the judge handguns but this seems like a fun and useful carbine. I wonder if they will also make a smooth bore model for just 0.410 shotgun shells? They could not make the handguns as a smooth bore because they would have been slapped with a AOW designation. This however with an 18" or longer barrel could avoid the AOW hassle.

Guest HexHead

I'm not sure I'd want the escaping gasses from around the cylinder gap that close to my face. That's why revolver rifles didn't catch on the first time.

Guest billwilly73

According to the website it comes with either rifled or smooth bore.

Also a lot of new stuff on the Taurus site. I like the Ragin Judge Magnum

Taurus may not have got the memo down there in South America, but they might want to talk with Todd Brown. :rolleyes:

After firing at the deer, blood began “spurting up in the air and on his gun and clothes.†Brown’s left thumb was severed by the gases escaping from the barrel cylinder gap when it was fired, and a deep gash was left on his palm, the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit claims that Smith & Wesson should have known a hunter might move a hand forward on the weighty gun’s barrel when trying to site an animal and should have factored that possibility into the gun’s design.

“Further, Smith & Wesson was negligent in failing to give Todd Brown a reasonable and adequate warning and instruction respecting the nature, extent and severity of the danger of the devastating injury and harm (i. e., it will cut your hand off ) presented to a shooter by its Model 460 Magnum Revolver,†the lawsuit argues.

The idea is good but I dont want the hot gases and possibly fire( really hot .45s) coming out onto my forearm and just a few inches from the face.

My thoughts exactly.I love my Judge handguns and if you shoot one at night there is quit a flame in the front of the cylinder just like the .460 S&W . This is one rifle that wont see my safe.

Taurus may not have got the memo down there in South America, but they might want to talk with Todd Brown. :clap:

blastshield.jpg

Also visible here:

CircuitJudge.jpg

Simply put, they realized the issue.

I really can't criticise, as I have a carbine stock for one of my black powder pistols. Lets check the list, shall we?

Fairly expensive? Check

Completely unnecessary? Check

Practical? Nope

Whats not to like?

(I'm referring to my stocked black powder revolver, of course. This Taurus is, no doubt, the ideal ___________ (insert your preferred role) ever invented.

• Moderators

I wonder about that cap on the front of the cylinder, will it direct more of the gases down the barrel or will there be bleed out around the edges and thus force the gases towards the shooter's face. Kudos for taking the gas issue into consideration in design.

I wonder about that cap on the front of the cylinder, will it direct more of the gases down the barrel or will there be bleed out around the edges and thus force the gases towards the shooter's face. Kudos for taking the gas issue into consideration in design.

I'm no expert by any means, but being as the cylinder has to rotate, and that plate does not, I don't see any other outcome than it forcing the gasses towards the shooters face. Granted the pressure wont be as much as if someone put their hand in front of it, but it's still sending it all towards your face.

Definately another firearm that I don't see any use for.

As far as I can tell, there is only a shield on one side of the cylinder, right? I am a right-handed shooter and would want the shield on the left side of the cylinder. That would send the gases out the other (right) side of the cylinder - away from my face. When firing, I would hold the carbine as I hold any carbine/rifle/shotgun - with my support hand on the forestock (not grasping the receiver in the area of the cylinder.) Using such a grip, my fingers won't be in the way and the gases would be directed away from my face and support arm, right? Personally, I don't really see the problem - but I also haven't tried firing one, yet.

I don't really have any desire for a Judge handgun. They sound like the worst of both worlds - lessening the 'oomph' of the .410 shells while not giving much accuracy in .45. The carbine version seems interesting, though, as I wonder if it wouldn't allow the .410 ammo to use more of its potential as well as possibly adding to the accuracy of the .45 ammo. My biggest hesitation would probably be the price range I expect Taurus to assign to it.