Have you ever been shot?

Guest jackdm3

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest proudsuthrner

like Drewsett said.. i too have been shot at but not hit (thank God) i do know that it is an adreniline(sp?) rush. i have a few buddies that were shot while we were in iraq a few years ago. i was told that it burns but thats all i know.

• Admin Team

Shot at a few times over the years on jobs/cases that headed south. Fortunately, I've never been hit.

There's nothing that gets your attention like hearing rounds going by and realizing that someone is trying to kill you. All I can say is that it is completely dreadful, and yet you don't really realize it for that at the time.

I got peppered with bird shot unintentionally while playing golf several years ago. Some morons were dove hunting adjacent to the course and not paying attention what direction they were shooting. It happened 3 times before I got out of range. I called the police and reported it, but I'm fairly sure nothing happened.

Shot at (Desert Storm, Somalia, Iraq). Exciting.

However, back when I was a teenaged Reservist (before Active Duty career), I was drinking with a buddy and we were emptying the powder out of blank 7.62 (M60) rounds. Don't ask me why. We were drinking I said. My buddy was in college ROTC at that time (he later enlisted in Active Duty) and stated that he had lugged these belted blank rounds on their little field training exercises, but had never fired any. Didn't even know what they sounded like.

Those immortal (dumb-ass) words escaped my mouth: "Check this out!"

I took a blank round in a pair of pliers and struck the end with a wrench.

"POW!!"

My ears were ringing loudly, and my hand stung like a son of a bitch. Shrapnel and powder burn. Found what remained of the exploded round about 15 feet away.

Emergency room tech commented that it almost looked like a shrapnel wound when he cleaned it up (I had told him I was goofing around and slipped in some gravel).

Have carried a nifty little scar on my left hand and knuckle for the last 28 years as a reminder of what a dumb-ass I was!

Yes,but it could have been a whole lot worse. About 12 yrs old we snuck .22 rifle out

of house and about five miles down railroad tracks buddy spots a shed door on hill with master lock still locked on hinge and before I could say don't he puts bbl next

to lock and fires. It works for The Duke but for me slug broke in three in came back

and hit me in chest. Felt like a baseball bat,looked down and white T Shirt was

already soaked in blood,sure I was a goner an hour walk from anywhere. Got

back to the house and felt fine,ditched the shirt and never said a word because

the old man would have been another story. Very careful who I hunted or target

shot with after that.

Yup. But it wasn't aimed for me. wrong place, wrong time. Took one obliquely to the left chest. Entered pectoral at sternum, exited at delt/pec. Very lucky it wasn't direct.

And yes, it hurt like hell and bled like stink. Found out later it was a .38 wadcutter.

Guest coldblackwind

Had a squirrel hunting buddy get mixed up about where I was, and sent a few .22's past my head. I didn't get hit, but it sure got my attention.

Guest Bonedaddy

When I was a kid, my friend laid a .22lr on a brick and chopped it with a hatchett. 2 pieces of the casing hit me-one center of the chest and one split the center part of my right nipple in half. We didn't do that anymore. A little later, 2 friends around the block did the same thing. Sam only sees outta one eye now. They don't do that anymore, either.

Shot at (Desert Storm, Somalia, Iraq).Those immortal (dumb-ass) words escaped my mouth: "Check this out!"

I took a blank round in a pair of pliers and struck the end with a wrench.

"POW!!"

You sir are an honorary hillbilly. Repeat after me "Watchiss"

:D

Shot at in Murfreesboro behind Stones River mall about 12-13 years ago. The "gangsta" that did it was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon times 3. I guess he didn't figure I would chase his ass down. Can't say I was scared because it all happened so fast but I sure as hell don't want it to happen again.

Shot at once due to a bad decision of going out with a bad friend. Missed, hit his truck, last time we hung out.

Have thought I was gonna get shot several times at work. I'd like to keep the track record of only thinking going *knock on wood*

I have been stabbed. Butterfly knife to my upper right leg. That hurt pretty good. 8 stitches and a goofy lookin scar.