Have you ever been shot?

Guest jackdm3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boogieman

Been shot at (not intentionally). Was deer hunting with a buddy and he was above me in a treestand and I was behind a tree down the hill from him. He got excited about a nice buck that walked out behind him and began blasting at it. The deer ran my way and he kept shooting. Hearing slugs rip through the brush on either side of my hiding spot wasnt really inspiring. Whats worse is that he was yelling for me to come out and shoot at it, lol.

Got a nasty slide bite from shooting a friend of a friends gun one day at an indoor range. I think it was a little .380 or something. First time shooting one and I didnt really know how the mechanics worked. Left grip up high and had my thumb sticking up. Think I got bit on the first shot but I proceeded to empty the magazine. The grip felt sticky and as I looked down there was blood everywhere, all over the gun, all over my hands and a nice little puddle on the floor. Tore a nice gash in the meaty part of my thumb and I carry a small scar still. That'll learn ya pretty quickly.

I was 17 and had a 30-30 rifle shot about 2 feet in front of me. The bullet missed my head by 6 inches. It is embedded to this day in the brick wall that was behind me.

I swore off guns until about a year ago. I now own several guns and enjoy shooting although I still flinch at the first few shots of the day.

Guest Ghostrider

5.56 returning to earth from missing charles in the bush.

I was kneeling with my left knee down and my right foot flat on the ground (prepping some equipment) and it slid right into my thigh, touched the bone (femur) and stopped.

Doc got it out with bayonet forceps - every time he touched it - it touched the periosteum, the only part of the bone with nerves.

Not much of a scar, but it will not take ink... Could have been a lot worse.

That's why I've never been afraid of the one with my name on it, it will find me. It's all the damn "to whom it may concerns" that scare me.

Edited by Ghostrider
fixed spelling

Only been shot at. We were playing a prank on a friend on the 4th of july. We drove over towards his house and parked about a quarter mile down the road and walked over towards his driveway. We had one of the huge rolls of black cats in a paper bag and lit and threw it into the ditch in front of his house. We were cracking up as it went off when we started to hear much louder bangs and found out he was shooting at us cause he thought we were shooting at him. Sucked the fun out of it really quickly.

Never shot at, but stared down the barrel of what was probably a .38 snubbie pointed between my eyes from a distance of about 2 feet. On a different occasion, had a feller who wanted to get into a “pi**ing contest” and pulled a .22, pointed it at me. In the first case, I only had a pocket knife, and it was in my pocket. Talked my way out of that one. In the second case, I “pi**ed” back by leveling my .45, and told him to go ahead. I guess I won that one, as he gently laid his .22 down and stepped away. I will say that the hole in the end of that snubbie looked to be about a foot in diameter. If my bladder hadn’t locked up, then pi**ing would have taken on its normal meaning.

I have been cut. Long story short: In a bar, fight broke out. I got in the way. Burned more than it hurt, and scared the dickens out of me. Have a beauty of a scar about 7 inches long.

I don’t recommend any of the above experiences if at all avoidable.

Edit: Didn't realize until I'd posted that in the first case, I just referenced the "don't bring a knife to a gunfight" argument.

Edited by safeandsecure
Guest tnpanscraper

Had a .22 ricochet off my shin bone about 20 years ago. Nothing major but a lot of blood... The man upstairs was lookin' out for a brotha that day...

Shot at when I was a lot younger, was taking a short cut with a friend too another friends house through the woods. We didnt know it at the time but we were kinda close too somebodys patch and they took a couple of shots at us with a shotgun. We belly crawled for a ways and then took off running, later we were kinda pissed so we took up arms our selves and went back. Whomever was gone so we took it out on the patch, they have never grown there again. I hope they still smoked it cause we pissed all over it when we were finished trashing it:D

Well, this is embarrassing but yeah, I been shot, ...by me. Dumb ole me at the old age of about 7 had a pump BB/pelet rifle. It used to seem like a contest to see how many times you could pump that lever on the gun. I must have pumped that thing over a hundred pumps as best my memory serves. I was walking around in the creek which was probably a few inches deep at the time, withe the stock of the gun in my arm pit and the muzzle resting on my foot, ...kinda like a crutch. At the same time I was playing with the trigger like I always had before. :screwy: (Yes, my dad and stepmother failed to teach me proper gun safety and the consequences of disobeying the rules) But, ...this time, the safety was off. I can't remember if it had pellets in it or BB's.

What I do remember to this day is the excruciating pain that happened when that thing went off. The description of a fiery sledge hammer is about right. More fiery than sledge hammer. Felt like my foot was on fire actually. I can still feel it as it is vividly in my memory, and I'm 35 now. It left a permanent brand on my psyche. And, ...if you don't think a BB/Pellet gun counts, ...especially with a pump rifle, ...you are dead wrong. I don't even want to imagine what a .45 feels like. I think it wasn't too long ago I heard about some kid shooting another kid with a BB pistol and it killed him. I've never treated a gun the same way since. Any gun. Doesn't matter how small it is.

Anyway, that's my embarrassing story. I think I've only told one or two folks in my lifetime besides my parents who knew already. Now I guess a lot of folks know, ha ha.

Guest Republican

Scariest Moment Of My Life.

You might have heard about this on the news.

My sister was shot twice in the face by her exboyfriend in august of 2009. She was also 6 months pregnant with the guys child. The guy shot her point blank with a .22 revolver. She said she passed out and woke up thinking she was going to drown in her own blood. One bullet hit her above the chin and the other right below the nose which split the roof of her mouth opening up her nasal cavity. That bullet partitioned and ended up at the base of her skull.

The guy ambushed her on her front porch when she got home from my parents who live about 50 yards if front of her. She crawled to the door and called my mother and then me. To this day I think she called me because she knew I would kill the guy. I live 10 minutes away, but I made it in 5 armed with a mossberg home defense shotgun loaded with 00 buck not knowing what would happen when I got there. The POS was gone, ran home to his mommy the cops said. Got arrested before my father or me could get to him.

Anyways she stayed awake for 12 hours and didnt sleep until they administered drugs before surgery. She said it hurt but never complained. Shock I guess. Complained more after surgery.

My Sister fully recovered. Baby was born in december and is fine and dandy.

We are thank God every single day for both of them.

Still waiting on the guys sentencing.

Guest sigandwesson

shot once with a 9mm M9 in the hand does not feel good it was while loading the gun with the slide back and inserted a cartridge directly into the chamber , let the slide go from slide lock somthing id saw in the movies plenty of times very painful lesson

Guest jackdm3

Alpha, we were playing BB War in the forest when I was 14(?) and one kid took one in the lip. Almost hit his tooth. You won't believe his first name?! "Chip." Which would have been appropriate if it hit him 1/4" higher.

On the way out of the forest, I was ahead of the group. I had split my camos during our excursion and my tighty whities were showing very well. From waaaaaaay back, one of my "friends" let one at me, and pretty close to bullseye. I screamed. They laughed. *sigh* War is hell!

Alpha, we were playing BB War in the forest when I was 14(?) and one kid took one in the lip. Almost hit his tooth. You won't believe his first name?! "Chip." Which would have been appropriate if it hit him 1/4" higher.

On the way out of the forest, I was ahead of the group. I had split my camos during our excursion and my tighty whities were showing very well. From waaaaaaay back, one of my "friends" let one at me, and pretty close to bullseye. I screamed. They laughed. *sigh* War is hell!

Sounds like you have been forever traumitized.

• 4 months later...
Guest pwhphd

At age 11 riding my bicycle with no hands on handlebars, a 7 year old neighbor's kid laid in ambush in the ditch beside the road. As I passed by he shot me in the chest with his older brother's pellet gun loaded with a dart. Knocked me backwards off the bicycle, skinned my all over on the pavement, and buried the dart about 1/2" into my pectoral muscle. Had a scar for 47 years that has now been replaced by my pacemaker scar. Needless to say...the pellet gunshot hurt worse than the pacemaker surgery.