Have you ever been shot?

Guest jackdm3

Almost. My dumb self thought it'd be cool to shoot an old tv of my friends so we got the shotgun, hid behind a tree, and tried to shoot it. We didn't realize that the glass in an old tv is about six inches thick so all the shot bounced back and peppered the tree we were hiding behind. We didn't try again.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot at, never shot. Had 4 guys run through my front yard shooting pistols in Murfreesboro while my wife and I were sitting on my front porch. Wife thought it was fireworks, I didn't. I drug her behind a wall as fast as I could and picked up a brick. As soon as the coast was clear, I got our asses inside and I loaded my 1-shot 12ga. Called 911 twice and nobody ever came. Lovely time, I assure you.

Ok. . . Here goes. here is My dumbass story. One evening I broke out my recently purchased Ruger 9mm. Cleared the weapon, pulled the magazine out, and removed the round in the pipe. After cycling the slide a couple times, dummy me decides to put the magazine back in then pull the slide back to place a round in the pipe. Instead of pulling the slide back with my thumb and fore finger, I pulled it back with my palm and four fingers (the portion of my palm opposite of my thumb was hanging over the business end of the slide) oh . . did i mention that my trigger finger was, yes, on the trigger? As the slide went forward I heard a loud bang. And felt a huge pain. Thought to myself . . Dumbass. The description of a red hot Sledge hammer was pretty close as to what it felt like. Don't want to feel that again.

Edited by Armed Aviator
Guest coldblackwind

I did shoot my dad once...sort of. I was playing with his dragunov, and shot a 3/4 steel plate that was about 30 yards away with some soft point hunting ammo. Went through all but about an 1/8 inch of the plate, but it peeled the jacket off, which came back and hit him in the cheek. He said it felt just like someone punched him in the face. Even left a little baby scratch.

got shot with a bb gun once. dumbass coworker found a bb gun in the complex we were working at, pointed at my leg and fired it point blank. hit about 3" from scrotum. i instinctively grabbed the gun and threw it to the ground and grabbed HIM around the neck and put a death grip on him. Even a bb hurt like a mutha....does that count?

Shot at in high school. My best friend and I were standing in a parking lot. Someone he had beat the hell out of came flying by on a the main road, hanging out the passanger side window taking pot shots over the roof of his car at us...no one hit, not even close.

ate a bunch of concrete trying to chew a hole to hide in

Guest jackdm3

Two that I can think of.

1. There was a construction parking lot behind my house where they stored unused semi trailers. Had my .177 pellet gun. Shot the tail light out. Shot the other tail light out. Shot the big tire. It came back, parted my hair, tickled my scalp and almost put MY lights out!

2. Age 13, shooting .22s at a creekbed with my grandfather and great-uncle. Shot 2 magazine tubes worth, with the trigger back, put it on safety. You should know the rest. Reloaded the tube. Started to walk back to the creek's edge with the rifle pointed down. Walked around my uncle and behind my grandfather who faced away from me. Just when I cleared him, I flicked it off safety and it shot one only a foot away from hitting the back of his leg. Never told him a thing.

3. BONUS! This is not a shooting-by-a-bullet injury, but it is a shooting bullets injury. The worst I've encountered. 1992, while shooting my best friend's Ruger P-whatever 9mm, it was my first time EVER (so go easy on me) shooting of a semi. My right hand grip was good, so I played around with my left grip. I started moving my thumb around the dovetail. I didn't know how far the slide would come back. To be honest, with me being new to semi's, I didn't know the slide even moved.:hiding: The slide felt like getting personal, so it caught the edge of my thumbnail and pulled the nail back to the middle of the nail and made it stick up 90 degrees. I looked on in horror and noticed there was no pain. That was for the first 10 seconds. After that was a gusher and me quickly pulling the nail down flat and looking for anything I could find to tape it down. Felt like my heart was in my hand. Hell of a slide bite, huh?!

Edited by jackdm3
Two from that I can think of.

2. Age 13, shooting .22s at a creekbed with my grandfather and great-uncle. Shot 2 magazine tubes worth, with the trigger back, put it on safety. You should know the rest. Reloaded the tube. Started to walk back to the creek's edge with the rifle pointed down. Walked around my uncle and behind my grandfather who faced away from me. Just when I cleared him, I flicked it off safety and it shot one only a foot away from hitting the back of his leg. Never told him a thing.

Did the same thing on my third trip hunting. Dad never knew how close the bullet got, which was about 2 foot, told him the gun had a misfire.That gun was was a hand me down .22 and had problems from day one so my story was plausable. On my thirteenth birthday I got to pick out my gun new from KMART.Still have that old ruger 10/22 today.

My little .22 probably would not have hurt nearly as bad as the .357 magnum that ripped through his arm.(NOT BY ME lol.)

I've been shot at. Wakes ya up. Also I was sitting next to someone in a car that was shot from the backseat. I was the driver he was front seat passenger. I was hit by the casing and in that first moment...I didn't know if I had been shot or not.It was a little .32. Went through the seat, his arm and chest, the dashboard and ricocheted off the front windshield.Was found in the hatchback. It is a wonder that everyone in the car wasn't hit by it!

Got shot in the right eye with a BB gun when I was in 7th grade.

Blind for about 48 hours, couldn't see a damn thing for about 3 months.

Now back to normal, though I have a slight astigmatism and can see floaters occasionally.

When I was a kid, my dumbass, irresponsible next-door neighbor (same age as me) wasn't paying attention to what he was doing and had a 'negligent discharge' from his pump BB gun. Hit me in the fleshy part of the palm of my right hand. Bled like a stuck pig. Not sure which hurt worse - getting shot, my mom digging the bb out (it completely broke the skin and then travelled about 1/2 an inch under the skin) or the rubbing alchohol she put on it to keep it from getting infected.

Could have been worse, I guess. My sister is four years younger than me and was standing behind me, slightly to my right. Had my hand not been in the way, he would have shot her in the face - probably in the eye.

That's about it for my 'getting shot' stories other than having bird shot bounce off a target about ten yards away and pepper me. Was wearing eye protection. Had on a short sleeved T-shirt and it didn't even break the skin on my arms or face. In fact, it didn't really even hurt - just felt like someone had thrown a handful of sand at me (and startled me pretty good.) The result is that A) I don't shoot solid targets with birdshot from that close and :up: I have no confidence in birdshot as an HD load.

"B) I have no confidence in birdshot as an HD load."

That's good to know. Thanks for being our lab rat on that one.

Yeah, completely unintentional and I would just as soon have avoided it but it did pretty much answer the 'should I consider birdshot for HD' question to my complete satisfaction. Of course, those were just my results - you should always test various ammo in your own firearm before reaching any conclusions (heh, heh.)

Bird shot, dove hunting. Stupid low birds. Stung, but nothing more.

Hammer, shotgun primer (dad reloaded shotgun shells), 7 yr old (me) and 13yr old older brother....got a scare on my foot where it ricocheted into it. Had to have it surgically removed. Blamed it on fireworks. My dad never said a word, wish I knew if he knew or not, I think he did.

When I was young I caught some rock salt in the backside, that really really burned. It may of had something to do with a tow-sack and some sweetcorn:p

I had a roommate in the Army that had that happen. Something about a flaming bag of poo.

Shot at twice, both times they missed, I didn't, or I wouldn't be here.

Good thing. I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd be interested in hearing that story, if you're interested in sharing.

Shot at once due to a bad decision of going out with a bad friend. Missed, hit his truck, last time we hung out.

Have thought I was gonna get shot several times at work. I'd like to keep the track record of only thinking going *knock on wood*

I have been stabbed. Butterfly knife to my upper right leg. That hurt pretty good. 8 stitches and a goofy lookin scar.

Another Army buddy: got in argument with his girlfriend over the phone and in an attempt to angrily stab his desk with his dive tool, put it through his quadriceps, all the way through. Had a full leg cast on for 6 weeks.

I was shooting at a 12" X 12" piece of lexan once with my Ruger Mark I to see if it was really bullet proof. The round struck the lexan, bounced back and hit me in the nuts. It did not penetrate my one layer of denim.

More lucky than unlucky I would say. I can't imagine how bad that hurt!

got shot with a bb gun once. dumbass coworker found a bb gun in the complex we were working at, pointed at my leg and fired it point blank. hit about 3" from scrotum. i instinctively grabbed the gun and threw it to the ground and grabbed HIM around the neck and put a death grip on him. Even a bb hurt like a mutha....does that count?

For proximity to the family jewels, it certainly does. The dude definitely deserved the choke hold, if not much more.

Two that I can think of.

1. There was a construction parking lot behind my house where they stored unused semi trailers. Had my .177 pellet gun. Shot the tail light out. Shot the other tail light out. Shot the big tire. It came back, parted my hair, tickled my scalp and almost put MY lights out!

3. BONUS! This is not a shooting-by-a-bullet injury, but it is a shooting bullets injury. The worst I've encountered. 1992, while shooting my best friend's Ruger P-whatever 9mm, it was my first time EVER (so go easy on me) shooting of a semi. My right hand grip was good, so I played around with my left grip. I started moving my thumb around the dovetail. I didn't know how far the slide would come back. To be honest, with me being new to semi's, I didn't know the slide even moved.:up: The slide felt like getting personal, so it caught the edge of my thumbnail and pulled the nail back to the middle of the nail and made it stick up 90 degrees. I looked on in horror and noticed there was no pain. That was for the first 10 seconds. After that was a gusher and me quickly pulling the nail down flat and looking for anything I could find to tape it down. Felt like my heart was in my hand. Hell of a slide bite, huh?!

To be honest, the fingernail story made me cringe more than either nutshot story.

Got shot in the right eye with a BB gun when I was in 7th grade.

Blind for about 48 hours, couldn't see a damn thing for about 3 months.

Now back to normal, though I have a slight astigmatism and can see floaters occasionally.

So many jokes, so little time. :up: Glad your eyesight is ok, though.