Need Squirrel Repellant

Bubba0031

Last year I posted a thread about a squirrel that ate the gas line off of my F-150. My next door neighbor also has a truck that mostly sits in his driveway as do a lot of the residents in my neighborhood. Now the squirrels have attacked his truck. Instead of fuel lines they went after the brake hoses and wiring and one built a nest on the frame rail near the tail lights.

My question is does anyone know of something we can use as a repellant? Maybe something to put on the frame and/or under the hood. Anything I put on the ground under the truck will just get washed away by rain. :hiding: to squirrels.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

traps. Then either kill the squirrel or release them somewhere else.

The woods here are lousy with the things, bumper crop of nuts this year.

We have been lucky, never had squirrels attack the cars. Had a rat under the hood of my wifes old car once, I popped the hood and the thing was sitting right on top. Scared the crap ouit of me. I started the car and went down the driveway and around the block, I guess he jumped off.

Yep traps might be your best option

You need a mean hungry pu$sycat. I don't mean a lazy, fat on friskies cat that lays around the house but a hungry hunter.

Lead is a good deterent if correctly placed. Heavy duty sticky traps work but are expensive and they sometimes disappear with the limb rats.

Good luck. A boss of mine had the interior of his boat destroyed by limb rats many years ago. Nothing worse.

oldogy

If it was getting into the roof or attic or what not I would say decon but since they are not do you have any dogs? I know my dog likes to chase squirrels and keeps em at bay. Oh yeah, since the cat has decided that she likes to sleep on the screened in porch as of late I have not seen a squirrel around anywhere.

Guest BEARMAN

We have wrangled with this very problem for years! I have tried just about all of the above said remedies, some have helped, others have not. Cats and lead work to a degree...but some of the little bass turds are very persistent! They have eaten the spark plug wires off of the wifes Xterra...twice! #@%&!...just can't cuss'em enough!!!

So, after doing extensive research...i have finally found something that really works, believe it or not...pure oil of peppermint!

Come to find out, all rodents are allergic to peppermint oil...not extract, but "pure oil of peppermint"...just soak cotton balls and put them in strategic places where they frequent...and, walah! Give em about a week...and no more squirrels,mice,rats,moles or any of those nasty critters that tend to do damage.

This works especially good for campers, boats, automobiles, ect.

We get ours off of Amazon.com, but you can also find it at the vitamin shoppe @ Rivergate mall, and other such places.

Hope this helps...did for us! :up: