valv6

What level of NRA membership are you?

Today I upgraded my status from NRA Patron Life Membership to NRA Life Benefactor membership for $275. Benefactor is the highest level of membership offered by the NRA. I joined the NRA as a Life member on the easy pay life (EPL) for $500 in 1993. I paid $25 every 3 months until I reached the $500 for life membership. Over the past few years the NRA has been running a special to upgrade your status of membership at the first of the year. So over the past 3 years I have went from life member to endowment member to patron member to benefactor member. Each step up from life member was $275. What level of membership are you?

Edited by valv6

No matter what level you are I want to challenge everyone one on here to become a member of the NRA and if you are already a member upgrade your membership. I work with several men that own guns or go hunting. I ask them to join the NRA because they are not members. The most common response is they reply is "I need to dont I".

I'm a basic member. I may misunderstand the Life memberships, though.

I thought once you paid the fee, either all at once or by installments, to be a Life Member, you didn't pay anymore.

I don't like that idea. If I support an organization, I want to be actively supporting them. I don't think the NRA gains much by having my name on a list as it does having my money every two years.

Then again, what if I decide to stop supporting the organization for any reason? I'm still on the roster as a life member, even if I'd stopped any extra contributions.

I prefer to support the NRA, and a few other groups, on a shorter basis. They wind up with more of my money, and when it's something I support I think that's a good thing.

• Like 1

I like to keep my options open. Right now I'm pretty darn pro-NRA. But you never know.

I will say this...if not for the NRA the 2A would be gone by now.

Life member. One of the best things about it is that it almost totally stopped the solitations that used to come all the time.

Now I just send them some money for ILA.

Probably need to look at upgrading as soon as the economy improves.:)

I'm on the poor-man's yearly program.

This +1...and I just joined a few months ago. Then again I did just purchase my first firearm a few months before that, so I guess I'm doing okay (other than I should've started buying firearms 20 years ago heh)

Endowment and, being retired, I'll probably stay here.

Benefactor, and I'm done.  :D

I'd have to dig deep, but I think I've been a member since 1974.

Edited by enfield
things have changed

Basic member. While I believe in the NRA and they do many good things, I won't give them any more than a basic membership until they actually work at REPEALING an existing gun law.

Basic member. While I believe in the NRA and they do many good things, I won't give them any more than a basic membership until they actually work at REPEALING an existing gun law.

The 86 MG ban? :tinfoil: If so, thats my feelings as well. I am a yearly member.

Life member. Rather than upgrading my level, I upgraded my wife from associate member to life member also.