What level of NRA membership are you?

I am just an yearly member. While i support all they do for 2A rights, I have seen many so called reputable organizations screw their members for political reasons (AARP totally hosed members supporting Obamacare, AMA sold out the doctors as well.) so while all is well now I dont commit life time support to any organization. As long as everything is cool, they will continue to get my money.

Patron Life here. Will probably upgrade to Benefactor in Charlotte. (I go to the NRA annual meeting every year.)

As many here have already mentioned, I do not agree with all that NRA does, but I do think they are the best option and the RTKBA group that most closely represents my views (at least most of the time.)

As a confirmed cynic, I have found very few organizations or parties that hew 100% to what I personally beleive, but I do think it is important to support those that come closest.

I am also an NRA Recruiter, and will be happy to facilitate anyone's membership at a $10.00 discount for TGO members. Just pm me.

• 1 year later...

I just joined your group so I could brag about being a Benefactor member of the NRA! So here I am and I'm bragging.

I've been a member since the late 1960's when it was much CHEAPER to join. Lifetime Membership was $100 at the time and there were often special promotion sales with installment payments available. For the BIGGER MEMBERSHIPS there were similar promotions. I don't recall how many steps there were up to Benefactor but I recall payments of $250 along the way. There may have been a few combined levels towards the top.

Offering different levels is one way the NRA keeps members paying for memberships so they don't feel like they are just sitting around at a certain point. There are always requests for donations as well so nobody needs to feel left out once they become a lifetime member.

Most of us started as regular members with the first option to renew or to upgrade. I was a student when I joined so I waited until the price was going to go up to become a life member. I've been a member of the NRA longer than any other group. I think most members will also find this to be the case after many years.

OK. I finished bragging. nice to meet you all.

Life member here. It was partly a monetary reason for me, though I do think the NRA does a lot more good than harm. I was hoping to also stop their every-other-week asking me to renew for another year. It did, but they just ask for money for different reasons now.

I guess I need to sigh up for the NRA sometime soon.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. :rolleyes: Time for a budget talk with the wife.....

**edit** Hmm apparently you have to have a credit card. As I don't use them (or debit card for that matter) this poses a problem.

Edited by Makiaveli
  • 2 weeks later...

:)

I like to keep my options open. Right now I'm pretty darn pro-NRA. But you never know.

I will say this...if not for the NRA the 2A would be gone by now.

True! I have been a member for over 20 years and I just upgraded to Life member.

With all these gun grabbing politicians and "do gooders" our second Ammendment rights are in more jeporady than

ever before. As gun owners we all must be vigilant and help grow our numbers.:)

I'm glad I'm not the only one. :) Time for a budget talk with the wife.....

**edit** Hmm apparently you have to have a credit card. As I don't use them (or debit card for that matter) this poses a problem.

You could always get a prepaid CC from the Walmart checkout line.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Not renewing my membership... The NRA seems more like a mailing list for insurance solicitations than protection of 2A rights. I made the mistake of signing up for a policy and it's been a nightmare. They are making it extremely difficult to cancel and they just over-billed me by 3x and tell me I have to wait 15 days to get a refund. I'm out of work and can't afford this right now. Every day a new insurance solicitation arrives in the mail.

I want to keep my gun rights but this is ridiculous.

+1, What he said . . . :-(

• 6 years later...