Where to shoot clays in Chattanooga?

I just got a new shotgun because I want to try my hand at sport shooting.

I have shot skeet and trap before, but I am not sure which I prefer yet.

Can anybody suggest a good place around Chattanooga that I can go try either of these relatively cheap?

Thanks,

Rebtl

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montlake sporting clays has closed down as far as I know there in soddy daisy so aside from there I know of no other place.

Do you know when they closed?

Because on that claytargetsonline site there are several reviews of the place presumably by people who were there recently. 2 are dated 1/31/10

Montlake Classic Clays - Soddy Daisy, Tennessee - Skeet Trap 5 Stand

Be very careful, Sporting Clays is highly addictive........

haha, thats what I hear. Im gonna find out as soon as I can find a range.

Just a heads up on Montlake. I do not believe their sporting clay course is opened back up yet. The 5 stand and trap course are running again but the last time I was up there that was all. The owner said he had to sell off all his throwers to pay for lawyers fees. Still would be nice to go by and support him if you can. If you are just dying for sporting clays the next closest place around here will be Benton's.

I just called Montlake, and they are open.

Saturdays 10 to dusk

Sundays 12 to dusk

They said the sporting class course is only open in the summer but they have skeet and trap right now.

$6.50 for 25 clays. That sounds reasonable to me, but I have nothing to compare it to.

I am going to ask about a membership.

Just got back from Montlake.

They are open and the place is really nice.

The people that run it, (I believe it is husband, wife, and husbands brother but not sure I got that exactly right) are very nice people.

It is $6.50 for a round of skeet or trap.

If you are by yourself one of them will come out and pull for you anytime.

They are more than happy to help new people and even have guns to rent if you don't have one.

I could tell they knew everyone that came out to shoot on a first name basis.

Definitely a great family target shooting range and I will be going back often.

It is a husband and wife team. They are incredibley good people. Moved down here from MI to run that course. He is also one hell of a shooter!

Also ODIN I don't think they ever plan on having the rifle and pitol bern open again. That was the older owner, Craig turned it into one great sporting clay course.

• 4 months later...
Just got back from Montlake.

They are open and the place is really nice.

The people that run it, (I believe it is husband, wife, and husbands brother but not sure I got that exactly right) are very nice people.

It is $6.50 for a round of skeet or trap.

If you are by yourself one of them will come out and pull for you anytime.

They are more than happy to help new people and even have guns to rent if you don't have one.

I could tell they knew everyone that came out to shoot on a first name basis.

Definitely a great family target shooting range and I will be going back often.

what's a round consist of? do you have to buy ammo there or can you bring your own? clays as well, can you bring your own?