Who makes the smoothest da revolver trigger pull

Alpha7

Colt snake guns are nice BUT they are not made any more, I believe the OP asked about who MAKES the nicest DA's right now, which comes hands down to SW performance center, or specialty revolvers. And if you are willing to drop a huge chunk of cash at a revolver, try a Freedom Arms one they are exceptionally made, not sure about their trigger pull though :screwy:

You're right. The LCR is really nice if you want a DAO revolver. I'm an old fart, so I like DA/SA. The LCR is probably smoother than the DA pull on my 637, but the 637 smokes it in SA mode.

I fondled a bunch of revolvers when I bought the 637. The LCR wasn't out yet, but the S&W was simply the tightest out of all the ones I've handled.

I've owned several S&W revolvers, but moved to Autos in the '70's. All my handguns are autos except for the 637.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know and have heard of pistols that were revolvers with very low trigger pulls in both doa and sa. How is this accomplished? I know a fella that has a s&W 357 that has a hair pin trigger on it. If you so much as breath wrong it goes bang. How is that accomplished?

I put a reduced power spring kit in mine. That improved things some, especially the SA pull, but that's as far as I'm willing to go. If I was going to go for a fully tweaked action, I would send it to a reputable action guy.

For me, it's not a priority. My autos are the priority

I've never fired a Dan Wesson, but I have a friend of mine that has a SS .357 mag. He put a 6 in barrel on it and then he and another friend had a shoot off with the other guy's Colt Python. Each taking a turn with both pistols. The Dan Wesson which he bought at the time for $350 out shot the Python for both of them. Dan Wesson made a fantastic revolver! Sad to see that they are no longer made.

I have used and highly recommend this Gunsmith. Fast work and reasonable fees.

Gunsmithing and Action Jobs:

Southern Precision Tooling

Norman Griffittis-Owner

4937 Indian Warpath Road

Maryville, Tennessee 37803

Telephone: 865-977-6168

Fax: 865-977-7504

Jimmy

Guest USMarine7564
Colt snake guns are nice BUT they are not made any more, I believe the OP asked about who MAKES the nicest DA's right now, which comes hands down to SW performance center, or specialty revolvers. And if you are willing to drop a huge chunk of cash at a revolver, try a Freedom Arms one they are exceptionally made, not sure about their trigger pull though :)

MK19, I think you hit the nail, so to speak. In the MC, we pilots carried the SW .38 Secial, or the Colt .38 Spec.. I would take the SW any day.

I owned a 38 Special, purchased at a Sheriff's auction many years ago, and it had the best trigger pull I have ever experienced. DA was smooth all the way to release, and SA was a dream.

Just thinking, but can the fact that a gun is blued have any effect on the trigger? I do not think that the gun is blued after assembly, but the blued guns seem to have a better pull.

I don't think that had as much to do with it, as about the time smith came out with the SS guns is when they stopped putting in as much hand work on the actions. A blued gun made in the 60s or eariler will almost always have a smoother action as one made later, no matter the finish.