Anyone with an SKS use the aftermarket stocks?

chunkee

I have a laminated stock Russian TULA that I picked up from the last gun show from T&G. I was watching some vids on the youtube of sks and noticed some had a different look using some aftermarket stocks. Any of you guys have experience with these? I looked some up, there are some hunting looking ones and some tactical looking ones. They say no gunsmithing, but just checking to see if any of you had used any?

thanks.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jimdigriz
They say no gunsmithing, but just checking to see if any of you had used any?

I haven't used them myself, but I've seen numerous reports that a lot of these stocks require some fitting. There's wide variation in the manufacture of SKSs.

Personally, I think the original stocks look great, much better than all the new "tacticool" crap. And better for butt-stroking, if it were to come to that.

Guest 70below

There are a couple of the Tapco T6 fits pretty well, but I prefer the wood. Supposedly there is talk of a large stock company making a composite stock that is in the original russian configuration.

Guest witchdr

I've got one with a Tapco ultralight with folding conversion ,it was pretty much just drop in but if you want to use the upper handguard you have to drive the pins out and may need to do some fitting.I did. Overall it is a good stock i really enjoy shooting,plus it increases the length of pull by about an inch

Guest BEARMAN

I bought the Tapco T6 for my Russian Tula simply for the reason it had the colapsible stock. It shortend it up for my 10 year old grandson to use as his first deer rifle.

Worked good for him, as he took his first deer...a fat doe @ 100 yards...made me proud! ;)

I did keep the factory stock in case I want to go back original though.

Oh yea...the T6 was a drop-in fit on my SKS. :D

I prefer the original stock myself, unless it is horrible condition.

+1. The wood stock on my SKS is in good shape and I think they look best with it. But I've considered buying another one with a crappy stock specifically to outfit it with all the "tacti-cool" junk. But then I think I'd rather have an AR....

... oh and aren't there some C&R issues with modifying an SKS? I seem to recall reading something about that, but don't remember any details.

I have a Norinco Paratrooper Carbine that I at one time put every concievable piece of "tacticool" junk on. A couple of years ago I returned it to it's original wood stock, fixed box magazine, and open sights. I am much happier with it now. I guess I felt like I was trying to make it into something it's not. There are much better "black rifles" out there, but only a few Simonov variants. I say appreciate it for what it is.

But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. :2cents:

TK47