Chattanooga travel help.......

BigPoppa

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeek...Three really aren't any in walking distance that you want to be near. Not a particularly terrible part of town. Just not near the typical hotspots and you don't want to get lost there at night.

You will likely want one closer to hamilton place mall...which is on the same road a couple of miles going eastward (There is a Sportsman's Warehouse at the midpoint worth checking out)

or

You can go the other directions an equal distance and be right smack in the middle of Downtown...which has all sorts of neat things to do before and after your show.

Depends on who you are traveling with and what they want to do. Downtown has all sorts of kid friendly stuff but will cost more. Hamilton Place has all sorts of retail stuff and eateries but will be cheaper.

I know your armed but... don't stay on brainerd rd haha it was a nice area when my mom was growing up. I'd stay over near hamilton place mall I live in this area it is very safe and lots of restaurants are close and you would only be about 10 to 15 mins from the comedy catch.

Eeek...Three really aren't any in walking distance that you want to be near. Not a particularly terrible part of town. Just not near the typical hotspots and you don't want to get lost there at night.

You will likely want one closer to hamilton place mall...which is on the same road a couple of miles going eastward (There is a Sportsman's Warehouse at the midpoint worth checking out)

or

You can go the other directions an equal distance and be right smack in the middle of Downtown...which has all sorts of neat things to do before and after your show.

Depends on who you are traveling with and what they want to do. Downtown has all sorts of kid friendly stuff but will cost more. Hamilton Place has all sorts of retail stuff and eateries but will be cheaper.

Aint none seein as how brainerd be nur the projects and all.

or

Hamilton place, and northgate are both no carry zones.

Hamilton place, and northgate are both no carry zones.

FWIW...Neither one are posted.

I have only seen one No carry sign at any Chattanooga establishment period...The hospitals. Not saying they don't exist. Just saying that it is a very carry friendly town.

If OP wants the true Chattanooga experience then Downtown is the way to do it. Comedy Catch is right through the tunnels and a straight shot to the downtown area. if you are there on the weekend there may be all sorts of stuff going on at the parks, aquarium area, and riverfront.

One warning though is that the cold really puts a damper on things. The main walking bridge connecting the best park to downtown is currently closed for repair. The parks won't have any festivals.

Bo, it's worth staying downtown or over by Hamilton Place. I think downtown would offer a better experience, but I am not sure your weekend schedule. As mentioned, I can not in good faith recommend any lodging near the comedy club.

Let me know if you need suggestions for anything else in the area.

FWIW...Neither one are posted....

Hamilton Place has no guns notice at the main entrances (best I remember, not statute compliant ones).

And no signs at the anchor store entrances.

By, the way, all this talk about not staying near the Comedy Catch is kind of moot, since there's only one motel anywhere near there I know of, a Rodeway Inn, 5505 Brainerd Rd, 'bout 3 miles back, at Spring Creek Rd. It actually oughtta be safe enough. I eat at China Moon a lot when I'm down there, next to it in Eastgate, lots more places to eat right around there.

Brainerd doesn't really start getting somewhat gnarly till after Belvoir toward town, IMHO.

'Course, about 3 miles the other way from club, you're downtown, so whichever.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

As stated, there aren't any nice, clean places near the Comedy Catch. Depending on your taste and budget, I'd stay at one of the chain hotels near the mall or downtown. The area near the aquarium is pretty nice now. If you stay downtown, eat at the Big River Grill. The aquarium itself is excellent if you're interested in that sort of thing.

terrible part of town, terrible part of town. go to the mall area off i75 for hotels. but stay in the name brand ones there, the ones that charge a higher price. the other ones have had the meth lab and dope sale problems. stay out of the hotel at spring creek and brainerd rd. meth labs again and it has turn into a place to sale dope from at night. the best hotels are downtown. the name brand ones next to the river. not a far drive from the comedy catch. you will pay the $$$, but you know you are not sleeping in someone else old meth lab. and the guy next door is not selling crack and your car will have all it windows when you go out in the morning.

That part of town is not that bad.

Used to do allot of business through there daily and it's no worse then any other part of town.

Right next door to the CC is a nice little restaurant named Cafe and Kites. Next to that is a puppy groomer, an antique shop, and an art gallery.

Sounds frightening, doesn't it!

Now, like said, it's moot anyway because there are no hotels\motels in that area.