New Hardware

JW3Percent

Just picked up today. Sig Sauer P250 .40 compact (mid size frame). Love this thing!

DSCN2421.jpg

DSCN2422.jpg

DSCN2428.jpg

DSCN2426.jpg

DSCN2433.jpg

DSCN2434.jpg

DSCN2431.jpg

Andy's in there for size reference

Also picked up 4 extra magazines and a holster.

You can envy me now. It's ok. If not, wait 1 month when I post up my new rifle... :evil:

Edited by Slipstream
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

Dang, McFlurry...what have we talked about all day!!!!

Nice rig. How does it compare size-wise to the XD subcompacts, Glock 19's, etc. Any weapon you can compare the size to?

Well, it sure is purty. Too bad it doesn't function properly. Brand new gun fails to chamber a round from the magazine every time. Magazines fit loosly. Quality appears to be pretty poor.

I'm taking it back to the Franklin Gun store. Let's see how they handle this.

Guest Bronker
Well, it sure is purty. Too bad it doesn't function properly. Brand new gun fails to chamber a round from the magazine every time. Magazines fit loosly. Quality appears to be pretty poor.

I'm taking it back to the Franklin Gun store. Let's see how they handle this.

Ouch!

Do keep posted.

UPDATE:

1) Description of problem: When feeding a round from the magazine, the round gets stuck 1/2 way. See pics.

3dab6e45.jpg

c7a309a0.jpg

bbe91689.jpg

Took the gun back to Franklin Gun Shop. I showed them the problem.They "determined" that is was ammo related. They tried some PMC ammo and it didn't fail to feed. They basically told me the ammo I was using was "cheap" and that is what caused the malfunction.

The ammo I am using is Atlanta Arms reloads. I've fired a TON of them through the Glock with ZERO problems; however the box of PMC I bought ran through the gun fine.

The guys at On Target were awesome today. They worked with me all day on this even though I didn't buy the gun from them. They are calling B.S. on the problem being the ammo. They gave me a Sig P229 to test and the Atlanta Arms .40 ran through it without any problems. (The 229 was a damn nice gun BTW).

Synopsis:

I'm going to use the gun this weekend (with PMC ammo) for my training/shooting event and then after that I'm calling Sig Sauer to discuss the issue. I'm sure they will get a kick out of me telling them I want my Glock back.

I am so pissed off about this. I can't believe I let my stupid friend talk me into buying this gun. I want my Glock back.

Raoul: It appears that I have the old style grip; however it also appears that I have all old style magazines too...

Edited by Slipstream
I had some FTFs and FTEs during maybe the first 200rds from my 250c 9mm.

Just a break in period, as far as I can tell. Since then, I've had 400+ rounds with no FTFs or FTEs.

It's had 300+ rounds through it now. It's not a "break in" issue, nor should a Sig have one.

I handled one at Frontier Firearms yesterday afternoon. Compared to the other sigs there seems to be a real lack of quality control. One of the mags would barely activate the slide lock. It was like the follower was too large to make it to the top of the mag. The overall quality felt quiet a bit less than the traditional sigs. I wasn't impressed by it.

It seems like QA is not a general practice for way too many guns these days. I've ready many stories of "it runs great after a trip back to the factory". There's really no excuse for a gun to not leave the factory working perfectly.

Daniel

mini update:

It has no problems with PMC, Federal, or Winchester ammo. I am now wondering about this "ammo related problem" angle...

The Hydrashok bullet profile is almost exactly the same as the Atl Arms, minus the hollow-point. The Winchester and PMC have a "curved" profile. Everything except the Atlanta Arms will feed without fail...

DSCN2445.jpg

I have a call in to Sig Sauer. I'll post up whatever they say. As for Franklin Gun Club: Never again will I step foot in thier store.

Guest nashvegas
mini update:

It has no problems with PMC, Federal, or Winchester ammo. I am now wondering about this "ammo related problem" angle...

As for Franklin Gun Club: Never again will I step foot in thier store.

I'm with you on Franklin Gun Shop... maybe a good place to window shop, but not to buy.

As for the 250, I thought about getting one, but decided against it after some research. It's too new. I have three Sigs (love em) and have never had a single issue from any of them. P226, P229, and P6. All awesome. If I wanted a plastic (budget) Sig, I'd get the 2022. You'd be better off looking for a good used or CPO 229.

ps... are you slamming the magazine home?

From what I've experienced those P250's have triggers that make a Hi-Point's triggers seem outstanding, and make a Glock trigger seem like a $5000 1911's... nice looking guns IMO, but if I wanted a revolver trigger I'd just get a revolver.

If you're having problems with it already you may be able to trade it for something else... something to consider.

Not trying to be a jerk here, it's just that most consider those 250's Sigs in name only.

Sorry to be a downer, please don't flame me for this just putting it out there, good luck.