Totally Useless Knowledge

Guest jackdm3

Guest Caveman
I'm starting to reconsider the whole "muscle" argument. I think it may be the "glut" because everyone is always saying I'm such a "hard ass."

I have to disagree with you again. I believe it is the Pyramidalis Muscle because everyone is always saying I'm such a "dick."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Broomhead

Dogs are mentioned 14 times in the Bible. Cat's aren't mentioned once.

A female flea can drink 15 times her weight in blood a day.

Between 1873 and 1880, US doctors gave patients transfusions of milk instead of blood.

King George I of England (1714-1727) was German. He couldn't speak a word of English.

It would take two and a half minutes to fall from the top of Mount Everest.

The first canned foods were invented in 1811. But the can opener wasn't invented until 1855.

Goldfish were originally green; the Chinese bred them to be many different colors. Gold stuck.

Mae Questel, the voice of Betty Boop, also did Olive Oyl, and sometimes Popeye.

The first gold that Columbus brought back from the New World was used to gild the ceiling of a church in Rome. It's still there.

The saying:..."..your name is Mudd..." refers to Dr. Mudd, known to have treated John Wilkes Boothes' injuries after killing Lincoln.....his familys' home was burned to the ground after that.

In some Asian cultures (Chinese and Korean that I know of), one should not give a knife as a gift. It is symbolic to 'cutting' ties between the two parties. If the recipient does receive a knife as a gift, the recipient gives the giver money, to symbolize a purchase. A penny can be used as compensation in the purchase.

If you neuter a young male lion, it won't grow a mane.

Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left.

The song Bad Company is from a band called Bad Company, and from the album Bad Company.

There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.

If Facebook were a Nation, it would have the fourth largest population in the world.

Armored knights raised their visors to identify themselves when they rode past royalty. This custom has evolved into the modern military salute.

Neil Armstrong first stepped on the moon with his left foot.

The ammunition belts in WWII aircraft were 27 feet long, thus the expression "the whole nine yards".

In the movie Alien Resurrection, there is a scene where Sigourney Weaver is shooting baskets. She walks away from the court, throwing the ball up into the air behind her. Although the ball goes off frame, it has been reported that no trick photography or scene cuts were used. Miss Weaver reportedly sank the shot in the first take.....

The tradition of shaking hands using the right hand evolved because most people are right handed. It made it impossible for a right handed person to use their strong hand to strike with a weapon while shaking hands.

The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a standard playing card.

When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per hour. To photograph the event, a camera must shoot at a millionth of a second.

A car uses 1.6 ounces of gas idling for one minute. Half an ounce is used to start the average automobile.

Forest fires move faster uphill than downhill.

the dyes of polaroid photo are still wet immediately after developing. if you quickly slap the photo onto your arm or back, it will result in a photo-realistic temporary tattoo.

When you sneeze, your heart doesn't really stop. People only say "God Bless You" because they thought it at one time.

The U.S. Government spent about $2,000,000.00 on potato research in 2003.

Farmers in England are required by law to provide their pigs with toys!

In Cleveland, Ohio it is illegal to catch mice without a hunting icense.

Sheep can recognize other sheep from pictures!

The 'Bank of America' was originally the 'Bank of Italy'.

Camel's milk is the most popular milk consumed in Saudi Arabia!

There is more lemon juice in Lemon Pledge furniture polish than in Country Time Lemonade!

Dueling in Paraguay is legal, as long as both parties are registered blood donors!

The village of Manganeses de la Polvorosa, Spain celebrates the New Year by throwing a live goat off of a church balcony!

90 percent of women who walk into a department store immediately turn to the right.

The can opener was invented 48 years after the can.

7-11 sells 10,000 pots of coffee an hour, every hour, every day!

You are more likely to get attacked by a cow than a shark.

In the U.S., you are legally allowed to deduct gambling losses from your income taxes!

It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.

In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry ice cream in your back pocket.

In downtown Lima, Peru, there is a large brass statue dedicated to Winnie-the-Pooh.

Deaf people have safer driving records, on average, than hearing people in the U.S.

The Hoover Dam was built to last 2,000 years. The concrete in it will not even be fully cured for another 500 years!

There is a town in Texas called Ding Dong. In 1990, the population was only twenty-two people.

The average American consumes 43 pounds of sugar every year!

Wyoming was the first state to allow women to vote.

The total amount of NYC driver parking fines is $461 million.

Research indicates that plants grow faster and healthier when they are stroked.

Guest jackdm3

I can do Soompi, too! Watch:

In the 1950s and '60s, Porsche commercially manufactured farm tractors.

Dr. Ruth (the sex therapist) was trained as a sniper in the Israeli army.

A rat can last longer without water than a camel.

The BMW logo represents white propeller blades against a blue sky. It reflects the origins of BMW as a manufacturer of military aircraft engines during WWI.

Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.

Time magazine's "Man of the Year" for 1938 was Adolf Hitler.

Time magazine's Man of the Year in 1982 was ... a computer.

Baseball is the only sport in existence where the defense has possession of the ball.

"I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis" - Humphrey Bogart's last words.

During one particular filming sequence in the movie Top Gun, the ship's commanding officer changed the ship's course, thus changing the light. When director Tony Scott asked if they could continue on their previous course and speed, he was informed by the commander that it cost $25,000 to turn the ship, and to continue on course. Scott wrote the carrier's captain a $25,000 check so that the ship could be turned and he could continue shooting for another five minutes.

1556 – The deadliest earthquake in history killed about 830,000 people in Shaanxi Province, China.

The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 is fitted with the widest tires ever to be mounted on a production car. They have a section width(tread width) of 365mm or 14.37 inches. The tire is a specially designed Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 rated for at least 253mph. A new set of these tires costs $25,000.00

The most likely reason Hitler did not use gas or other chemical weapons in battle in World War II is because he was a victim of a gas attack during World War I and almost died.

O.J. Simpson was considered for the role of the Terminator, but the producers feared he was "too nice" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.

American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first class.

Why are sardines packed so tightly in a can?

Because the oil they are packed in cost more than the fish themselves, so the more fish, the less oil used.

Violet Jessop survived tragedy on all three White Star Line sister ships: Olympic, Titanic and Britannic.

The dot on the 'i' and 'j' are call tittle.

A duck's quack will not echo.

Mongolia is the only country on Earth where horses outnumber people.

It takes Pluto 25 years to receive as much solar energy as the Earth receives in one minute.

One in twelve men is color-blind... but only one woman in a hundred is.

Dogs are mentioned 14 times in the Bible. Cat's aren't mentioned once.

Between 1873 and 1880, US doctors gave patients transfusions of milk instead of blood.

There were freed slaves who owned slaves.

Lonely parrots can go insane.

The first canned foods were invented in 1811. But the can opener wasn't invented until 1855.

Goldfish were originally green; the Chinese bred them to be many different colors. Gold stuck.

Your brain is only 2% of your bodies weight, but uses 20% of your energy.

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a word.

The tradition of shaking hands using the right hand evolved because most people are right handed. It made it impossible for a right handed person to use their strong hand to strike with a weapon while shaking hands.

In New York City, approximately 1,600 people are bitten by other humans per year.

Every year, surgical tools are left in approximately 1,500 patients in the USA. Fatter patients are more prone to having a surgical tool left inside of them due to the additional amount of space in their bodies.

• 2 months later...

hmmm don't remember what I may have posted h ere already.

Totally useless knowledge.... I remember when you could not turn right on red, and I am aware of the water spinning backwards south of the equator when you flush the can.

It takes 7 shuffles to completely mix a deck.

My brother used to say that all the time, except he said 3. Either way, no way it can be proven. I called BS on him too. ;)

The only thing harder to avoid than a CC/OC thread is a "caliber wars" thread.

Edit: I thought of another:

Neither religion or politics can be discussed in a calm, rational manner.

J.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK, YOU...oh, I see now. :D

Seriously though...The dashes on the highway are as long as your car.

Unless it's a Smart Car. Then it's like 3.5 times longer.

There is an alarm clock,a Bible, and a Glock sitting on the bed stand here in my Atlanta hotel room. Next time ill pay more attention to the reviews. :-\

Reviews of the Bible, the Glock, or the clock? :P

Probably because of the name.

If you neuter a young male lion, it won't grow a mane.

Yea, I probably wouldn't bother either. I'd probably just shoot myself.

Sheep can recognize other sheep from pictures!

I gotta ask: How do they know that? Did they show a picture to a sheep, and the sheep said, "Hey, that's Bob. I recognize him."?

In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry ice cream in your back pocket.

And damn it, it should be!

In downtown Lima, Peru, there is a large brass statue dedicated to Winnie-the-Pooh.

And damn it, there should be!

Deaf people have safer driving records, on average, than hearing people in the U.S.

Yea, it's the blind ones that are out there driving that scare me.

The total amount of NYC driver parking fines is $461 million.

Gotta love the government and all it does for you!

Research indicates that plants grow faster and healthier when they are stroked.

Plants aren't the only thing. :dirty:

In the 1950s and '60s, Porsche commercially manufactured farm tractors.

Lamborghini was also a farm equipment manufacturer.

The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 is fitted with the widest tires ever to be mounted on a production car. They have a section width(tread width) of 365mm or 14.37 inches. The tire is a specially designed Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 rated for at least 253mph. A new set of these tires costs $25,000.00

It is also so fast, that it can reach 200MPH faster than the McClaren F1, the fastest car in the world prior to the Veyron's release, even if the F1 gets to 110MPH before the Veyron moves. That's fast.

O.J. Simpson was considered for the role of the Terminator, but the producers feared he was "too nice" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.

Hindsight. 20/20.

Violet Jessop survived tragedy on all three White Star Line sister ships: Olympic, Titanic and Britannic.

Sounds like she's a jinx.

In New York City, approximately 1,600 people are bitten by other humans per year.

Mike Tyson lives in NYC, doesn't he?

Guest jackdm3
My brother used to say that all the time, except he said 3. Either way, no way it can be proven. I called BS on him too. :dirty:

You're gonna need to take that up with Omni magazine.

The tongue is not the strongest muscle in the body, the Messeter is. The tongue is said to be the strongest set of muscles, but the strongest single muscle is the Messeter (the muscle you use to chew) It is a common misconception because people don't realize that the tongue is comprised of many sets of muscles.

I think that you mean the Masseter.