Seized Ferrari auction in Nashville

jeffmem

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1817ak47

the car probably will likely run, but many newer cars have the immobilaztion stuff to keep them from being stolen to easily, that is likely the case with this one, but still would cost some cash to get that issue fixed

Guest 1817ak47

people have to have custom chips made for the ecu for european cars when they put engine and electronics(aka engine swaps) into older cars when the swap engine has immobilizers that transmit signals from the circuit in the key to the ecu.

I was thinking that I would bid up to $30k or so but the bid quickly went over that. In good shape that car is $70-80k. Most likely it is something electrical that is keeping it from starting but you never know.

I bought the car below with the same symptoms (turns over/no start) from ebid nashville and after spending a ton of money for no resolution at a local shop, I took it home and discovered that it had a nitrous backfire that blew the bottom of the intake manifold out. I originally thought it was a car alarm or something else keeping it from starting. Of course with a trans am you can just hop on ebay or any racing forum and get a new manifold for < $100. The ferrari parts are a little more pricey.

eBid.Nashville Auction Site

Guest Bluemax
I think you guys are missing the obvious here. Just imagine cruising into your local wally world in this beauty with your Bren Ten tucked in a Miami Vice rig under your white sport coat. That's got to be worth $50k.

Bren Ten was OK but I liked the Smith 645 much better:tough::drama: