.gov at it's finest

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

South Carolina's version of the Patriot Act :screwy: I think the SC legislature wanted to

send another message to terrorist(muslim) types. I doubt it had ever any intentions

of dealing with Texaco. Some of the responses to that article were hilarious.

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security...

Edited by sigmtnman

Okay, I agree that it's silly legislation. No doubt in my mind they were on a mental

vacation the day they passed it. Saying 2/3 Republicans caused this is disingenuous.

If you wish to bash political parties, suit yourself. It is counterproductive since most

you will gain is handing over the reigns to progressives waiting for you to ruin any hope of what is left of the opposition. Using this article to bash Republicans is stupid. You can find all the fodder you want to bash any political party, depending on your

affiliation or lack of. There are problems with both parties. One is a mix of Marxists and the other is possibly coming back from being lost. The Republican platform is,

for the most part, a constitution loving party, and needs to be cleaned of the rats that are part of a DC only mentality. Sig, if the country keeps going down with the

progressives and the Republicans don't become Reaganesque once again, it may be time for another Declaration to happen. Or, just go hide our heads in a hole and let the Marxists ruin another part of the planet. If it's time for a new party or a new system, then it's time we all became more accountable, isn't it? I'm sure many are getting tired of hearing this, but the Tea Party folks are the only ones taking politicians to task. If there is something better, then show me. :P

Okay, I agree that it's silly legislation. No doubt in my mind they were on a mental

vacation the day they passed it. Saying 2/3 Republicans caused this is disingenuous.

If you wish to bash political parties, suit yourself. It is counterproductive since most

you will gain is handing over the reigns to progressives waiting for you to ruin any hope of what is left of the opposition. Using this article to bash Republicans is stupid. You can find all the fodder you want to bash any political party, depending on your

affiliation or lack of. There are problems with both parties. One is a mix of Marxists and the other is possibly coming back from being lost. The Republican platform is,

for the most part, a constitution loving party, and needs to be cleaned of the rats that are part of a DC only mentality. Sig, if the country keeps going down with the

progressives and the Republicans don't become Reaganesque once again, it may be time for another Declaration to happen. Or, just go hide our heads in a hole and let the Marxists ruin another part of the planet. If it's time for a new party or a new system, then it's time we all became more accountable, isn't it? I'm sure many are getting tired of hearing this, but the Tea Party folks are the only ones taking politicians to task. If there is something better, then show me. :P

I think the Tea Party folks are probably on that list. :P

Why shouldn't I point out the party who controlled both house and senate? They failed their constituents. I would equally bash a democratically controlled legislature. Like our crappy federal one.

The D/R parties have both sold out.

You ever checked out the libertarian platform? Platform | Libertarian Party

I would not be surprised if this was to keep another party from rising up.:slap: