Force on Force training?

Guest Shay VanVlymen

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GlocKingTN
Has anyone here taken any Force on Force training recently that they thought was valuable and life-changing?

Just wondering.

:D

This will sound stupid, but what is Force on Force training?:D

This will sound stupid, but what is Force on Force training?:confused:

This is FoF Training.

A few of us from this site went through this class last weekend. I'm working on getting my thoughts together and I'll share them with everyone. I know Chris already posted his thoughts on GOTX.

Guest Ramtough47

June of 2003 i took my first Tactical Response Pistol class.I then followed up with a Tom Givens,Got into IDPA and USPSA shooting then took a Gabe Suarez class,thought i was pretty squared away.

THEN i got the opportunity to go to a David Blinders Force on Force with Tactical Response and did i get a AWAKENING.I have learned so much from all the instructors that have helped me,but if i had to point to one class that really opened my eyes and my mind to real world reality and what it means to carry a gun and combat accuracy and what you think you will do vs what you will do.....THIS IS IT. I truly belive everyone who has a concealed permit owes it to themselves to go thru a good Force on Force class...it will change you.

My thoughts on Tactical Response's "The Fight" posted on another forum:

I cannot tell you guys a lot about the specific scenarios I was in this weekend. If I did, I would rob you of the ability to learn from them when you take the class.

This experience is what it is all about. Fighting Pistol is still the gateway to enlightenment, but the only purpose it really serves is to teach you how to handle your gun during FoF.

The Fight is not about shooting skill at all. Skill is developed on the range with practice; this is the stuff that is impossible to learn without human interaction. You may think you know what you would do if the SHTF. You do not. People always say “If that happened to me I would do this…” They are full of crap. People often think about fighting, but they never dream of what they would do after they shoot someone.

I can now tell you from experience, it is relatively easy to slay some random attacker (really, I did it over and over). That is no big deal, and you can learn to do that on the square range. What you do BEFORE AND AFTER a conflict can save or destroy your life.

Does this sound like a lot of responsibility to carry a gun? It is, but people who do not carry a gun are no less responsible, they just don’t have a clue. The stuff that happened to me in this class does not happen only to people who carry guns. Does everybody go to ATMs, movies, restaurants? Yes. Bad things happen to all kinds of people, evil does not discriminate. Be one of the people that at least have some idea what to do.

Guest GlocKingTN
This is FoF Training.

A few of us from this site went through this class last weekend. I'm working on getting my thoughts together and I'll share them with everyone. I know Chris already posted his thoughts on GOTX.

Gotcha. That looks interesting. But I would need to start at the bottom and work my way up.

Guest Loaded247

I did a fair amount of FoF in 2005, and then in 2006, I went to the FX Simunitions Scenario Instructor School....a week long course, held in Massachussetts.

We conduct this as a regular part of our training now. We also add the AIS Prism Simulator....

Last year, I also got the Shocknife Safety Monitor certification, so we will be adding that to our FoF training as well.

Guest GlocKingTN
I did a fair amount of FoF in 2005, and then in 2006, I went to the FX Simunitions Scenario Instructor School....a week long course, held in Massachussetts.

We conduct this as a regular part of our training now. We also add the AIS Prism Simulator....

Last year, I also got the Shocknife Safety Monitor certification, so we will be adding that to our FoF training as well.

So you sorta like the Green Beret or Navy Seals or something. Seriously!

Gotcha. That looks interesting. But I would need to start at the bottom and work my way up.

Force on Force should be the bottom, or rather the foundation. Just get training on how to properly deploy a handgun (Fighting Pistol) and then take FoF as soon as you possibly can. This training is more likely to save your life today than any of the other stuff.

A quick review of the Tactical Response schedule (http://www.tacticalresponse.com/training/schedule.php) shows that the next Fighting Pistol class in TN is April 14-15 at their faciltiy in Camden (more or less half way between Jackson and Nashville).

I'm SERIOUSLY considering taking this class. (Checking my calendar as I write this message.) I bet if several of us took it at the same time, it would be more fun, we'd have a chance to meet face-to-face, and use down time in the evening to de-brief and discuss what we are learning.

Anyone up for it? I figure I'll be the most novice student there, but will learn PLENTY! Willing to share transport there and back if anyone's coming from Nashville area.

No, I dont work for Mr. Yeager! :confused:

-Len

Guest Ramtough47

Len i don't work for Yeager either but i consider him friend and teacher and you won't regret taking "any" of his classes.I really like shooting pistols and thought i new alot about them.....well then i took Fighting Pistol[June '03] and quickly found out i didn't know squat.I enjoyed the Fighting Pistol so much that i re-took again and then the "Advance Fighting Pistol".

Get a group together and take it.

Guest Shay VanVlymen

Len,

You most likely won't be the most novice student in the class. Besides, I'd rather see a student NOT develop bad habits I have to fix. Take training early so you get started with proper technique and a solid Mindset.

Len i don't work for Yeager either but i consider him friend and teacher and you won't regret taking "any" of his classes.I really like shooting pistols and thought i new alot about them.....well then i took Fighting Pistol[June '03] and quickly found out i didn't know squat.I enjoyed the Fighting Pistol so much that i re-took again and then the "Advance Fighting Pistol".

Get a group together and take it.

Thanks. Actually, it was your post earlier in this thread that got me seriously thinking. You said how you "thought you were pretty squared away" and then took the class and realized otherwise. One thing I have learned in my shooting experiences to date is that everytime I think I know enough, I soon realize I am totally wrong! I think this is one reason I find shooting so interesting, there is ALWAYS more to learn, skills to improve, etc.

I definitely taking a class, I'm just hoping to round up some shooting buddies to join in the fun.

-Len

Guest GlocKingTN
Thanks. Actually, it was your post earlier in this thread that got me seriously thinking. You said how you "thought you were pretty squared away" and then took the class and realized otherwise. One thing I have learned in my shooting experiences to date is that everytime I think I know enough, I soon realize I am totally wrong! I think this is one reason I find shooting so interesting, there is ALWAYS more to learn, skills to improve, etc.

I definitely taking a class, I'm just hoping to round up some shooting buddies to join in the fun.

-Len

And join in the costs.....:rolleyes:

Guest GlocKingTN
We have had students from Austria, Australia, Germany, Greece, the UK, Canada, Peru, Holland and a bunch more places I am forgetting. None of them regretted the trip and I can assure you that you won't either.

Oh Im sure I wont. Just by the comments on your training!

Guest Ramtough47

Len i couldn't agree with you any more on the continual learning process.One of the things that will impress you about all the Tactical Response Instructors is that they themselves are continually learning and going to some type of trainning somewhere.Go to their website and click on the Bio section,you will see what i mean.