Talk me out of a P220 please~!

Guest mikedwood

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikedwood

The 1911 is a terrible story. I traded it for a Mini 14 that was super nice. I never planned on getting rid of the 1911, ever, but I wanted a Mini 14 and found a great on on this very forum. So I traded the 1911 for it and told my best friend and he was dying for a Mini 14 more than even me so I sold him the Mini 14 like an idiot so now all I have is this stupid money! I didn't make any money on the deal so I'm going to have to put some with it.

I'll get another 1911 one day, I can wait for that day though. Hopfully it won't be to long.

The main issue I had with the 1911 was getting poked (often) while carrying it. Is that just the way it is? Or was I doing some thing wrong. I'm trying to get rid of my love handles, maybe that will help some.

Anyway now I'm wanting another 45 and it's either a CZ or a Sig 220 and probably the SIG. I googled Sig parts and that made the Sig really stand out. There is a spring pack availible for every spring on the P220 for around $25. Man the trigger bar is expensive.

Guest mikedwood

I should not be left to my own devices. On the hunt for a Sig P220 I found some rough ones around $500, some below average to average ones around $600 and then they start getting good about $650 to $800 which is over my current limit due to one of my kids having a crisis this weekend.

So I got a Colt Cobra .38 for now. A P220 is soon to come but there is more to it than I am prepared for. new v old ones, the grip size is hugely different.

I am currently trying to work a deal on an old west German one that I would hopefully get refinished cause in pictures it looks rough but he says it operates fine. Do I trust him? Not so much.

Guest 10mm4me
Sauer & Sohn produced guns for the Nazi's. Does that help? Not the exact same company, but they kinda are. LOL

Well so did Walther, Hitler owned a PP and it is believed he killed himself with that gun, and Smith & Wesson is their sole importer now. Now Beretta, there's a gun company w/morals. Pietro Beretta refused to produce firearms for the Axis Powers and was held hostage until he was freed by loyal Italians w/Beretta shotguns. But back on topic, get the SA 220. They are awesome examples of the .45 ACP.

The 1911 is a terrible story. I traded it for a Mini 14 that was super nice. I never planned on getting rid of the 1911, ever, but I wanted a Mini 14 and found a great on on this very forum. So I traded the 1911 for it and told my best friend and he was dying for a Mini 14 more than even me so I sold him the Mini 14 like an idiot so now all I have is this stupid money! I didn't make any money on the deal so I'm going to have to put some with it.

I'll get another 1911 one day, I can wait for that day though. Hopfully it won't be to long.

The main issue I had with the 1911 was getting poked (often) while carrying it. Is that just the way it is? Or was I doing some thing wrong. I'm trying to get rid of my love handles, maybe that will help some.

Anyway now I'm wanting another 45 and it's either a CZ or a Sig 220 and probably the SIG. I googled Sig parts and that made the Sig really stand out. There is a spring pack availible for every spring on the P220 for around $25. Man the trigger bar is expensive.

:D:screwy::D and this to :wall::wall::wall:

should have got another 1911

Getting closer but I still want one.

The only thing that I didn't like about the 1911 (it was a Springfield GI model, so yeah expense is an issue.) was that it was like carrying a porcupine. Seems like almost every move I made got me poked. A different holster would have probably fixed that, but I didn't try that before I got rid of it.

I usually carry a G26 or 19 and they are both smooth all around.

I like the trigger on the P220 well enough. I'm not going to shoot competition with it. Just to carry sometimes and bang away at the range with.

If this is the reason you hated your 1911, your not gonna like the Sig much better. The Sig is a bitch to carry concealed and not very comfortable.

Sigs are fine weapons, but not for everyone. My suspicion is that you may be one of those. I'm one, too.

Here is my big problem with Sigs for the price of a 220 you can have a real nice 1911. I also don't like the fact that you only get 8 rounds in that big of a grip. I know and formely worked with guys that loved Sigs thought they were some of the best pistols made. But we all agreed they are way overpriced, guess thats just our opinions though.

Here's an idea. I have seen a few of the P220 w/ .22 conversion slides for sale on gunbroker. Last year I got one from Bud's Gun Shop for $400. (It was the SAO model with the tactical rail.) It comes with a coupon that you send to Sig, with an additional $400 and you get the .45 slide. ( You must use it within one year of purchase.) So you get a new sig and the .22 conversion kit for $800. If you buy most any new sig P220 you are looking at $800, and the conversion kit by itself is usually $300. The slides swap easily and it eats Federal bulk pack from Wall Mart all day long. The only down side is that I keep buying other stuff instead of getting the .45 slide. I will have to break down and get it before my year runs out.