shaftbass

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I noticed that Matt Lauer pointedly referred to this as "gun violence" several times during this morning's episode of the Today show, and then lead into a report of another incident in Pennsylvania as "yet more gun violence".

Agenda, much?

PS: Stuff like this one more reason why I carry. I don't want my survival depending on the ability to hide in a closet, praying that the bad guy doesn't find me.

I'm quite confident that in both cases, the guns themselves were unwilling participants...

The blame should be on the actors, not the objects. The outcome could have easily been the same (or worse) if the men had used an SUV to run over the victims.

The public in general are lemmings.

• Administrator

You can rest assured that the anti-gun crowd will tout this as yet more "evidence" that guns need to be banned from society and the 2nd amendment struck from the books.

I'm eagerly awaiting that speech from one of the resident flower children here at my office. She knows that I'm pro-gun and generally likes to use incidents like this to come joust with the windmill. :confused:

She knows that I'm pro-gun and generally likes to use incidents like this to come joust with the windmill. :rolleyes:

When she walks up just whack her with a baseball bat and comment on how we need more baseball bat regulation to stop baseball bat violence.

Guest GlocKingTN
When she walks up just whack her with a baseball bat and comment on how we need more baseball bat regulation to stop baseball bat violence.

Thats funny.....very painful...but funny!

Oh my, ROFLMAO. That was freak'n awesome!!!

But HemiRam is so right!

Yep.

Did they mention this on one of the TV News shows,

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17124042/

Off-duty officer called hero after Utah rampage

Man on dinner-date confronted teen who killed 5 in Salt Lake City mall

SALT LAKE CITY - An off-duty police officer having an early Valentine’s Day dinner with his wife was credited Tuesday with helping stop a rampage in a crowded shopping mall by an 18-year-old gunman who killed five people before he was cut down. A day after the shooting, investigators struggled to figure out why a trench-coated Sulejmen Talovic opened fire on shoppers with a supremely calm look on his face.

The teenager wanted to “to kill a large number of people†and probably would have killed many more if not for the off-duty officer, Police Chief Chris Burbank said.

Ken Hammond, an off-duty officer from Ogden, north of Salt Lake City, jumped up from his seat at a restaurant after hearing gunfire and cornered the gunman, exchanging fire with him until other officers arrived, Burbank said.

“There is no question that his quick actions saved the lives of numerous other people,†the police chief said.

Police said it was not immediately clear who fired the shot that killed Talovic.

Talovic had a backpack full of ammunition, a shotgun and a .38-caliber pistol, police said. Investigators knew little about Talovic, except than he lived in Salt Lake City with his mother and was a Bosnian refugee, according to Reuters. He had four minor incidents with police when he was a juvenile, police said. He was enrolled in numerous city schools before withdrawing in 2004, the school district said.

Talovic drove to the Trolley Square shopping center — a century-old former trolley barn with winding hallways, brick floors and wrought-iron balconies, and immediately killed two people, followed by a third victim as he came through a door, Burbank said. Five other people were then shot in a gift shop, he said.

Four people who were wounded remained hospitalized Tuesday, two in critical condition, two in serious.