Why Paypal and NO Gunpal?

Guest moreland281

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

The last time I looked into Gunpal they were just getting off the ground and were an unproven commodity. I'll look into them again but no promises. Paypal works and boycotting them because they won't let you buy a gun with their service is pretty silly.

Paypal works and boycotting them because they won't let you buy a gun with their service is pretty silly.

David, to disagree on this is fine. But to say that it's silly? Come on, man.

Is it silly to refuse to patronize an anti-2A business that posts "no weapons" on its front door over spending your money with someone who supports our RTKBA?

I don't think so. I won't use PayPal either for that very reason.

David, to disagree on this is fine. But to say that it's silly? Come on, man.

Is it silly to refuse to patronize an anti-2A business that posts "no weapons" on its front door over spending your money with someone who supports our RTKBA?

I don't think so. I won't use PayPal either for that very reason.

I think you make a very good point.

I think Gunpal was created with the idea of actual gun purchases in mind, not as a day to day purchases system such as paypal. They would not have named it Gunpal if they were trying to be a universal alternative to PayPal.

I won't do business with someone that won't take PayPal for a holster or something like that, which is allowed by PayPal. If the seller is boycotting, they are boycotting my business as well. It is the currency of the internet right now and Gunpal isn't going to replace it on that kind of level.

I don't mind sending a money order or joining Gunpal for a handgun purchase but not for small dollar items or online memberships. Funny thing is I used my PayPal debit card last year to purchase the money order that I sent off for my Sig P6. That card is a handy tool!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

As promised, I have checked into this. Gunpal presently does not have an integration module that works with vBulletin but they say they are working on it.

I have reason to believe they will carry through on this statement since (a.) they use vBulletin for their own support forum and (b.) many large firearms related sites use vBulletin as the basis of their forums.