SIG P6, P225?

Guest Steelharp

Guest Steelharp

Ok, exactly what is the difference, if any, between the P6 and the P225? A drummer buddy of mine had a P6 that was just too good a deal to pass up. On the slide it says, P6, then NW, then 4/83. I assume that's the date of manufacture? Any insight would be appreciated.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smturner99

I don't know about the second part of your question...

But yesterday I was shopping at Gander Mountain and they told me there was no difference between the P225 Sig Sauer and the P6.

He said that the 225 is the American Model number and the P6 is the German model number. The German Police used the P6 and they had bought a bunch back and they were on sale for around $400.

He showed me on the side where it said "West Germany" where it was made before the wall came down.

That is what Jay, the guy at Gander Mountain told me and I wrote it down.

Sarah

There aren't too many differences. P6 is the model number for the German Police issued, spec. P225 such as P8 is the German Police model of the HK USP You'll notice that on most P6s the sights have no "dots" or "bars" as usually found on Sigs. The P6 hammer also has a notch cut in it, I've read rumor that this was done to help determine if the pistol had been dropped, but I can't verify that information. I have also read that the P6 can be picky (FTF) with some HP ammo. The quick fix is to buy a P225 barrel and that allegedly fixes the problem with HP ammo. The markings do differ as smturner99 advised. I also noticed that some of the contours around the muzzle end of the slide slightly differ than that of a 225. Anyways, thos few differences (that I'm aware of) aside, the P6 is a awesome shooter. For more info I suggest checking out sigforum. Enjoy that P6!

Ok, exactly what is the difference, if any, between the P6 and the P225? A drummer buddy of mine had a P6 that was just too good a deal to pass up. On the slide it says, P6, then NW, then 4/83. I assume that's the date of manufacture? Any insight would be appreciated.

You'll just need to buy one, Mikey, and find out for yourself. I happen to know a screaming bargain available.....

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mw.
supposedly the feed problems with hollow points on the P6 has somethin to do with the early feed ramps on some guns. does anyone know how to tell if the P6 has the upgraded feedramp??

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7211094811?r=9011037811#9011037811

I've thought about picking up one of these surplus P-6s I've seen floating around. I've got a thing for Sig...

Decent prices on these babies, maybe just need to be refinished...

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Sig_Sauer_P225_P6_9mm_Pistol.html

I got one from Centerfire a while back. I've touched up the slide with cold blue in a couple of small spots and I'm very happy with it. Call Pam at 800-915-3346 and she will cut you a deal. Mine was $249+shipping.

Guest gcrookston

P6 is the German designation for the P225. Unlike the European P225, which has the mag release at the bottom of the grip frame, the P6 incorporates the American style mag release button located behind the trigger on the left side of the frame.

NW = "Nordrhein-Westfalen", the state police unit that replaced 40k+ of these pistols with Walther P99s in the last few years (many of which have been surplused into the US by several distributors). "4/83" designates the issue date and may or may not coincide with manufacture date.