10/22 parts

Does anyone know of a shop in the Knox area that carries 10/22 parts? I have one and want to build it up, heavy barrel, new stock,etc. Most places tell me they can order for me, but I like to touch stuff before I order. (This has gotten me slapped more than once!). Heck I bet I could even order by myself if I try real hard.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EasilyObsessed

Unless you come across someone who already has a modified gun, I think putting your hands on the parts is going to be difficult. You may luck out and find a gun store that has one or two brands of the parts in stock...but then you are going to be limited to their stock, and with all the endless options out there you may not end up getting exactly what you want.

Mine has a Green Mountain blued bull barrel, hogue stock, VQ extractor, VQ hammer, Skeeter mag release, skeeter bolt handle, recoil buffer from someone I cant remember (it was super cheap), auto bolt release done by myself, and polished everything internally myself. Gun shoot sub MOA and has been 100% reliable through about 1k rounds now. I ordered everything through shootersdiscount.com, midwayusa.com, or from Skeeter himself. All great vendors to deal with. There are literally hundreds of reviews on rimfirecentral.com about almost every part out there, and that reviews (in my experience) have all been spot on.

The only thing I dont like is the Hogue stock. The foregrip of the stock is flexible and depending on the grip used will allow the barrel to tuck the stock. You can fix it by filling the empty channels in the front of the stock with bondo....but eh, I dont ever want to use bondo on a gun. I plan on replacing it with a Yukon stock sometime in the next year.

edit: FWIW...you can get your gun to be almost as accurate as a full build up without buying any aftermarket parts. You can ship off your barrel to have a target chamber added, do all your own trigger work, and sand out your factory stock to make it free float. I would still get a recoil buffer aftermarket tho.

Thanks for the info guys. I have been lirking on Rimfire Central. I have picked up some useful info. Unfortunately a lot of it is still over my head. I need to pick up a book or two on DIY mods for the 10/22 befor I start tearing stuff apart.

Guest EasilyObsessed

No reason to pick up a book. I built mine with only info gained from lurking on RFC. Feel free to post up any questions you have here if you need some additional help.

On rimfirecentral, read the "tips and tricks" section; the "action" section, etc. Wealth of information, most of it has pictures to help dummies like me. I've done all my own work with basic tools. Currently doing the "bobby pin" trick. Another reason to own a 10/22 is that you can do most all modifications yourself.