Why I won't sign-up for "benefactor" status, $20 for 6 months??

Guest crcksht

Right, selling is not the only reason to join up. It also deters idiots from posting sh*t on here for sale just to rip folks off.

Plus, you get the nifty map to all of TGO Davids personalities/personas/screen names. (That's how I found out that I'm just a figment of someone else's imagination)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

While I like the site, there's no way I can justify spending $20 for only 6 months(or even $35 for a year) of "benefactor" status just to place a couple of WTS/WTT ads when there are lots of free gun-related forums which require no payment in order to place a few ads. I have no doubt this forums would grow much faster (more web traffic) thereby giving you a greater opportunity to make more money from vendor ads, if you would remove that policy for non-vendors.

If I'm going to spend money in order to advertise gun-related items I'll take it somewhere with thousands of times more traffic than this site, like gunbroker.

Again, I like the site, and its nice to have a place to chat with local people on firearm related topics, but its just not a worthwhile place to sell and trade a few personal items with the current policy. I would consider $5-10 per year to be more than sufficient for a non-vendor. $35 per year for a non-vendor is just nuts.

petecry.gif

Your post lives up to your screen name.

Have a nice day. :) Keep trollin, trollin, trollin.

...and...

ibtl.jpg

Guest tnrider

and I am a new member. I did not know I had to contribute to get use of the sales area. I watched the site and decided to become involved because I like what i saw here. I paid for a years membership because I wanted to be a part of this site. Keep your money and stop complaining about something you don't have to do would be the best advice I could think of.

While I like the site, there's no way I can justify spending $20 for only 6 months(or even $35 for a year) of "benefactor" status just to place a couple of WTS/WTT ads when there are lots of free gun-related forums which require no payment in order to place a few ads. I have no doubt this forums would grow much faster (more web traffic) thereby giving you a greater opportunity to make more money from vendor ads, if you would remove that policy for non-vendors.

If I'm going to spend money in order to advertise gun-related items I'll take it somewhere with thousands of times more traffic than this site, like gunbroker.

Again, I like the site, and its nice to have a place to chat with local people on firearm related topics, but its just not a worthwhile place to sell and trade a few personal items with the current policy. I would consider $5-10 per year to be more than sufficient for a non-vendor. $35 per year for a non-vendor is just nuts.

So don't pay it...

See no reason for this thread to continue.

David can unlock it later if he chooses to.