.22 Mag Autopistol?

jeremy155rr

My FIL has me on a wild goose chase, for some reason he wants me to find a .22 Mag autoloader. I only know of two: the excel arms accelerator and the high standard amt's (which I can't find anywhere). Anybody know of any others, even not in production because if we did buy it would idealy be a used one. Don't ask me why he wants one...just does.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem is that the 22 mag is so long. The magazine and the action has to accomodate a long slinder round. Plus you don't get a lot of extra power from a 22 mag unless you have a long barrel. The 22LR stinger is only slightly less powerful than a 22 mag when shot from a 6 inch barrel, however the rifle ballistics of 22 mag is impressive. The AMT has a bad reputation for being a jammiester. The best 22 mag pistol would be a Taurus 9 shoot revolver model 991 (DA) or a Ruger Single Six (SA) or a Charter Arms 6 shot revolver. I really like the way the Taurus looks and a 9 shoot cylinder will give you some fire power.

Grendel P-30 can be found but the mags go for 90 or more dollars. I have a friend who has an AMT and likes it fine. My Accelerator is on loan to a bunch of a guys at a range south of here. The new Keltec PMR 30 is an update of the Grendel. .22 mag is a rifle round and I agree several hyper velocity .22s will nearly match it and more efficiently out of a handgun. Pictured is my Excel Accelerator.

AcceleratorBipod.jpg

Guest 10mm4me

If these are $350 or less I am getting one. Won't pay a cent more for it though. Might should wait a year or two though,new guns like this always have "bugs" to be worked out.

I had a Grendel about 15 years ago and it was a piece of crap. It would not function with anything but FMJ and you could not hit the side of a barn with it. It was fun to let go of 30 rounds at a time.

Guest 70below

The last gun show at Chilhowee park the guy on far left had a 22mag AMT on his table. He's usually at every show, not sure when the next one is, but you could check there.

Guest Sgt. Joe
hmm, that keltec looks pretty neat, wonder when they'll hit the shop floors.

I think so too. I just called my shop and they said May. However they also told me it would be May before they got a SR9c and then had three the next week?????

I also noticed they are made in my hometown in FL. If I get a chance I may well call them just to check pricing and maybe get lucky and know someone there.

I do think this may be the gun for the wife, it may only be .22 but + magnum and 30 of them???

I likes....:D:D...Will advise if I get any pricing info.

Edit: MSRP says 415.00, my store is ALWAYS well below that, so I would guess $350.00 or so......And my gun guy said I could have the "second" one they get as he is going to buy the first one. TnRebel told me a long time ago they were made in Cocoa Fl, but the number I had then had an Oregon area code? After looking at their site more in-depth I know exactly where this place is, I will still try and call and see if maybe just maybe I Know whomever answers the phone. Any who here is another link to them.....

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/images/PMR30-handout-v3-31.pdf

Edited by Sgt. Joe