15 Packs Left To A New Piece

krunchnik

Well,me and the wife decided that smoking is getting so expensive that its time to quit,Its gonna be a bummer because I have smoked for 30 some odd years.But,to make it better we agreed I could purchase a new pistol of my choice with the agreement that I would have to remain smokeless,So now when my current stash of 15 packs of butts run out I guess I will be in the market for a new 1911 in a officers size or smaller Kimber or Springer,possibly a SIS Ultra or a Micro Compact in preferably .40S&W or 9mm.I have 3 .45 ACP's so I would like a caliber option other than that.I actually am looking forward to quitting now,its gonne be hard but I am gonna give it an honest try.:up:

Well,considering I have committed to this no smoking deal my wife let me pick out a new piece,its a Springer EMP40 and man this thing is a shooter,put 80 rounds downrange without a malfunction of any kind.I ran a box of PMC FMJ thru it first and then switched to Winchester SXZ Personal Protection rounds for the last 30,I think I have found my new carry piece.

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

The bottom target is the hollow points and the top target is the FMJ with 3 magazines of double taps,just to see how reliable and accurate a semi rapid fire would be,I am a very happy camper.:lol::D:D

Edited by krunchnik
adding to post-pictures
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Drewsett

I just quit smoking myself. My wife and I decided to do so together, but I should have been savvy enough to try to get a new gun out of the deal :up:

Good luck!

I just quit smoking myself. My wife and I decided to do so together, but I should have been savvy enough to try to get a new gun out of the deal :up:

Good luck!

Yeh,this has been coming for a long time,now at $75.00 a week on something that kills you in the end,I cant see anything positive about it any more.Good luck at your attempt also,maybe its not too late to broker a new gun deal with your wifee,hey,all you can do is try,right.:lol:

Guest jackdm3

When my then-fiance said we should get married, I said "Not if you smoke." She quit for two weeks, relapsed one afternoon, I could taste it, and that was the last ever. Married three months later. Too late for you to try this method, but your pact should also include a penalty if you relapse. Like GIVING it away for free to a TGO member!

When my then-fiance said we should get married, I said "Not if you smoke." She quit for two weeks, relapsed one afternoon, I could taste it, and that was the last ever. Married three months later. Too late for you to try this method, but your pact should also include a penalty if you relapse. Like GIVING it away for free to a TGO member!

Yeh,nice try,We agreed if I relapse back to my old ways I would have to sell it,so it gives me a little incentive besides the cold sweats,headache,nausea and the other host of things that go with quitting,besides being utterly knarly for awhile.Oh,and not being able to take a decent dump in the A.M.:up::D:drama:

The only problem I see with this is that you are waiting for 15 packs to be gone before you start. Why not find someone who smokes the same brand as you and give them the cigarettes (or sell them for a fraction of their original cost) and get started ASAP.

When my wife and I quit we just put them down. This was after 15 years of smoking. Cold turkey. Still want one almost every day until I actually smell it.

Nasty.

Guest m&pc9
So how much do you want for it?

(sorry, but odds of 30 year smoker stopping cold turkey first try ain't very good).

-OS

Your bad.:D

yeah i wouldnt wait until i smoked 15 packs. thatll just make it harder cause itll give you more time to rethink and you may decide not to quit. just toss em. i wouldnt give em away to someone cause thats just helping them continue a nasty habit

I quit a few weeks ago. Cold turkey does not work for me. I had to gradually cut back over a year, until I was smoking 1 or 2 a day, then I quit.

When my wife and I were on our first or second date she mentioned to me that she used to smoke. I responded, "it's a good thing you quit, because I really like you and I won't date a smoker." She assured me that had been at least a year since she smoked. Only after we were married, I found out it she had really quit about a week before we started dating. She said that dating me and getting back into a lot of active, outdoor activity had really helped her quit. It's been six years, and although she says that she had urges for at least the first year, when she smells a cigarette now it grosses her out and she can't believe she ever smoked.

I don't think we would use the same tactics, but Jack and I have a proven track record for helping folks quit smoking. We'll be sure to help you by letting you give us some guns if you relapse. :D

I quit 35 year unfiltered Camel habit 8 years ago.

Smoke free all that time, but not nicotine free for more than 6 months at a time, fall back on the damn gum under stress.

Currently gum dependent again, that Nick O' Teen is a real nasty fellow.

- OS

Krunchnik good luck on the quitting smoking, I quit after 35 years.

There are some things on the market now that can help and have a

a pretty good success rate. You should consult with you doctor and

have a plan, cold turkey after 30 years .., if you can do it cold turkey

great. You will be amazed how much better you feel after a couple of

weeks smoke free, and it just gets better from there. And when you realize

your not spending a car payment every month on smokes you have more

spending money. And another benefit your not paying those penalty taxes

placed on cigs to pay for this program or that. A lot of advantages.

Remember after the first 10 days to 2 weeks all the nicotine is out of your

system and at that point it's all in you head. Ever need a encouraging word

or help start a thread or give me PM. Best of luck.

Krunchnik good luck on the quitting smoking, I quit after 35 years.

There are some things on the market now that can help and have a

a pretty good success rate. You should consult with you doctor and

have a plan, cold turkey after 30 years .., if you can do it cold turkey

great. You will be amazed how much better you feel after a couple of

weeks smoke free, and it just gets better from there. And when you realize

your not spending a car payment every month on smokes you have more

spending money. And another benefit your not paying those penalty taxes

placed on cigs to pay for this program or that. A lot of advantages.

Remember after the first 10 days to 2 weeks all the nicotine is out of your

system and at that point it's all in you head. Ever need a encouraging word

or help start a thread or give me PM. Best of luck.

thanks for the good words,right now I have 2 boxes of the Nicoderm warming up in the cupboard,I think cold turkey completely would just mean a dead turkey somewhere else,so I guess I am going to use a little help along the way.:D

Good Luck my friend. It is truly mind over matter and they only way you can quit is to get your mind to say the horrible cravings don't matter.....

Quit 4 years ago after smoking for 20+ years. Was the hardest thing I have ever done. Tried Zyban for a couple of weeks but it made me want to smoke more. :tough:. Stopped taking them then ran out of smokes one day and instead of buying another pack, bout $2 worth of gum. Wife said I was a real a$$ for a couple of weeks but hey, that wasn't the first (nor last) time she called me that :D.

Edited by DavidD