Classic car season is almost here!!!

Only just over a month away till all the cruise ins start.

hville_cruise_flyer-2010_b.jpg.w300h400.jpg

Last year on the opening night they had over 300 really cool cars.

I know there are some classic car guys here on TGO.

Post pics of the classic ride that you will be taking out this year.

Here is a pic of what I am bringing out to the cruise ins this year.

My 1972 Pontiac GTO

72GTO01.jpg

Edited by Retired Navy GMC
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a '68 Camaro... factory 327, air, powergide, etc. I desperately need to restore.

Just don't have the funds. Had it since I was 17. Parked it about

20 years ago and the years weren't kind at all.

I had started to sell it a couple of years ago... but once I got it up on

blocks all the memories came back and I just couldn't.

Too emotionally attached.

Just waiting on some funds to start restoring it back... again.

House will be paid off in a couple more years. Hope to start on it then.

100_2715_small.jpg

Edited by creeky
Guest Moody

I will hopefully get my 1970 Cutlass 442 W-30 running again... it would be awesome to drive it this year (needs fuel pump, lines reran, etc.) Here's a quick picture that another fellow took a couple of years ago for me.

OldsmobileCutlass.jpg

Guest GT_Rat
my 70 ss 396/375 horse chevelle

VEGAS037.jpg

I would love to have one of those. The year I was born my dad bought one and promptly totaled it trying to corner carve in Germany. His was red I'm told.

There's a classic car season? Oops. I've been driving my '56 Ford truck year round! ;)

I'm excited for the good weather. I've gone to the Hendersonville cruise in a few times to look around, but never taken my truck. It's an old farm truck, not much business around the nice stuff.

It's spent more time hauling firewood or at the metal recycler's since I bought it than it has at shows. :shrug:

Can't wait till the Cruise-Ins start on this side of the hill.

Oakboro, about 15 miles from my house, was revived by one of its native sons starting a Cruise-In and Burn-Out the fourth Friday night each month. First Cruise-In, they were expecting about 50 cars. 300 showed up.

A couple of years ago, they made a documentary. They counted over 3000 cars for that one!

The "event" of each Cruise-In is the Burn-Out. They set up a PA and a water hose in a intersection a block off Main St. Police and Troopers sit in wait of anybody who wants to get stupid. Then the drivers take turns burnin the tires off.

Point Google at "Oakboro cruise in" and take the oakborocruisein.blogspot.com link.

We take the Boss Lady's '72 Malibu 350 down from time to time...

Guest coldblackwind

Just bought the truck that the engine for my '72 duster will probably come out of tonight! Hopefully I can get a couple bucks together and drop the 428 that's sitting on a cart in my garage into my '66 ford pickup before summer's over too! If yall are really lucky, I might even paint em, they're just a bit ugly :screwy:

Them early Broncos are nice. There is a silver one that runs around in Manchester that has been restored. Very nice.

I've wanted one for years. Not sure why, though. I really like the early models with the half cab top. I saw a white one today in Lebanon that looked pretty nice.