10mm & 357sig Ammo

Does anyone know where I could find 10mm ammo?

Everywhere I go is sold out / back ordered. I found some at DoubleTap - anyone know if it is any good? It doesn't say back ordered. I am thinking about getting 500 rounds @ about $395.

Also 357sig ammo is becoming harder to locate and DoubleTap has some on there as well.

I was going to try and start reloading but was told that it is not a good idea to run reloads through Glocks for a few different reasons.

I was also told that it is fine if you use brand new brass (I calculated it out and can do about 1000 rounds for the price of 500 purchased) but am still a little worried. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

JP

Edited by jpowelle5
spelling error...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everywhere I go is sold out / back ordered. I found some at DoubleTap - anyone know if it is any good? It doesn't say back ordered. I am thinking about getting 500 rounds @ about $395.

Also 357sig ammo is becoming harder to locate and DoubleTap has some on there as well.

I was going to try and start reloading but was told that it is not a good idea to run reloads through Glocks for a few different reasons.

I was also told that it is fine if you use brand new brass (I calculated it out and can do about 1000 rounds for the price of 500 purchased) but am still a little worried. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

JP

I have been loading for Glocks for years. There are folks out there running reloads by the thousands thru Glocks without issues. I don't reload the 357 Sig because I did not want to mess with the little bottlenecked case but 9mm, 40 and 45 I have shot plenty. As to using new brass, that to is wrong. If you build "sane" loads and don't try to set a new speed record by overloading the cases causing excessive pressure, I have not had a problem. That being said, just get a Lone Wolf barrel that is fully supported and that you can shoot lead bullets in and have at it.

Thanks

JP

JP:____________

Dont worry about shooting reloads in a glock 357 sig. I reload for 'em. Use once fired brass all the time.

I recommend these guys for brass: Products . Brass is well processed and inexpensive.

We use Accurate Arms #9 powder with a 13.0 grain charge weight 124 grain hollow points. We shoot them thru a baby glock (33). They will clock about 1275 fps out of the short barrel (..a bit more than 3 inches...) with the 13.0 grain AA #9 powder. This is a real velocity measured with a Chrony Chronograph; not a load book "guestimate".

We have shot 300 to 400 rounds thru the little glock with no adverse effects. No fouling and very little powder residue. Accuracy is excellent.

The sig is an accurate and powerful round. The best, i believe, for the nine mm. I believe the sig is all that was claimed for the 9mm years ago when the Air Force tried to tell everybody that the 9mm was superior to the old war horse, the 45 acp -- but that is another story ---hehehe.

I always buy what is on sale either at Powder Valley or Midway when i shop for bullets. We have also loaded AA#9 and Ranier Plated bullets for practice. They are the truncated cone flat nose type.

Make sure whatever bullet you use will work in a 357 sig. Some 9mm bullets are a long ogive (the curve of the nose) and the short neck of the sig won't hold them. You can always look at the manufacturers specs for the bullets to tell if they are ok for the sig. In general, the sig bullets are truncated cone type bullets.

Make sure that you full length size and taper crimp the reloads (.. this works on most all semiauto pistols...). You can't see the crimp. Just measure it with your dial calipers (... all reloaders need dial calipers...). The crimp die sizes the neck of the round down about 2 to no more than 3 thousands to hold the bullet in place.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Leroy

Thanks for all the info. I picked up some 357sig from luckygunner and a few boxes of WWB 357sig from wallyworld. Also hit ontarget this weekend and pick up a few hundred rounds of 10mm. I am still really interested in reloading. Perhaps in the future.

The new die Redding is selling works very good for Glocks you run brass all the way through it .Also in 10 mm I recomend that you get a fully supported barrel never had a case split badly in one but the Lone Woulf is the way to go

Thanks for all the info. I picked up some 357sig from luckygunner and a few boxes of WWB 357sig from wallyworld. Also hit ontarget this weekend and pick up a few hundred rounds of 10mm. I am still really interested in reloading. Perhaps in the future.

I've been curious about the .357sig round for a while now but I've been hesitant because of price and availability. How is the recoil in that round vs. a 9mm or .40?

In my opinion the recoil is better than the 9mm and .40 as they tend to buck in my hand as opposed to the .357sig which kind of lunges backward instead of upward allowing me to get back on target rather quickly.

Oh BTW - scored at WallyWorld today - picked up 100 rounds of .45acp, .40s&w, 9mm and .357sig WWB for $148.00. They also had .38spl but no .380.

Jay

I've been curious about the .357sig round for a while now but I've been hesitant because of price and availability. How is the recoil in that round vs. a 9mm or .40?

Erik:____________

Niterunner hit the nail on the head. Recoil out of the Glock 33 is snappy.

The pistol will climb in recoil; but you can pull it right back down on target.

The grip on the baby glocks is wide but short. I think that tends to make them buck a little more if you have big hands. If you are used to shooting a big bore pistol (...40 or above...), you will have no problem with even the "baby" glocks. They are a great thing. Accurate and powerful.

Hope this helps

Kind regards,

Leroy

The 357 Sigis a good candidate for reloading even though there are a few extra steps like lubing for sizing because you can save so much $$. I load 1k for about $130-140. WWB is $24 for 50.

The 357 Sig is also one of the best calibers for use in a glock. Because of the round's great feeding capability due to the bottleneck, Glock made the chamber consistently tight. My .40 glock, on the other hand, has a wider chamber near the base to facilitate feeding. On the spent brass you can see a noticeable bulge in this area. The danger is that this spot is repeatedly stressed and can fail. This is a bad spot (opposed to the case neck) for a failure. For this reason, I reload the .40 brass twice then discard.

Guest joelstephen

I shoot a lot of 10mm, I reload for both my Glock 29, & 20 been doing it for about 10 years not one problem yet. I mpurchased 1000's of 180 FMG from National Bullet befor they closed their doors, I guess I was just lucky .