New brand of 9mm at WalMart?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Louisiana and was in a Walmart yesterday. They also had the RWS 9mm. They also had lot's of .40, .45, other 9mm, .357, .38, .22, and .32. There was no .380 of course. I've not seen this much ammo at a Walmart in a long time. It was also in a glass case that I could walk right up and look at. Not locked 6 feet behind a counter where I can't even make out what's there. It makes me wonder why we have such a shortage in Tennessee when it appears to be plentiful in Louisiana.

Guest 1817ak47
Anybody in the state even SEEN any Federal or WWB 9mm in the last 6 weeks or so?

- OS

in the last week I saw federal 9mm, but didn't buy it, east town mall wal-mart. seems (federal) to lack enough power to make my xd9 service model cycle reliably, I load a singe round about 5 times and I didn't even get a slide lock open. and had some failures to fully eject.

shooting strait down WWB and federal won't cycle. speer did and my 124gr mfs ammo both did however, though I only did 2 shots each type for testing purposes

Guest 1817ak47
It makes me wonder why we have such a shortage in Tennessee when it appears to be plentiful in Louisiana.

when I am in WI they had ammo available. and mosin 91/30 for 104.99 OTD.

they had good supply of many different calibers including 7.62x39, 7.62x54r and 223 in good supply, they even had wolf ammo in those caliber too. this was at a local farm store chain called fleet farm

in the last week I saw federal 9mm, but didn't buy it, east town mall wal-mart. seems (federal) to lack enough power to make my xd9 service model cycle reliably, I load a singe round about 5 times and I didn't even get a slide lock open. and had some failures to fully eject. ...shooting strait down WWB and federal won't cycle.

I believe I'd look at issues with that gun. Slide lock mechanism, extractor, spring, something.

This is NOT a known issue with XDs.

Personally, both my XD Service 9 and sub compact 9 both function 100% with any 9mm I've ever run through it, and that includes mostly WWB, Federal, and Blazer Brass.

- OS

Guest Drewsett

I've been coming across WWB 9mm in Wally World here in Nashville every time I'm in Wal-Mart (which is at least every 2 weeks or so). I buy 100 round bulk pack every trip.

I've been coming across WWB 9mm in Wally World here in Nashville every time I'm in Wal-Mart (which is at least every 2 weeks or so). I buy 100 round bulk pack every trip.

Is it still at the same old price?

Is it still at the same old price?
WWB 9mm 100 $20.97 Thursday in M'Boro @ Walmart.

Yeah it went up a buck or two since this time last year.

So did the 50 round box of Blazer Brass before it was replaced with the Federal at the same price.

- OS

Yes, I've seen the RWS stuff for sale at 16 bucks a box in ADDITION to the Federal for about 10 bucks a box. So I figure it's not so bad in a pinch because it is very high quality 9mm, but if you can wait, the Federal stuff will be available too.

Anybody in the state even SEEN any Federal or WWB 9mm in the last 6 weeks or so?

- OS

I have made it a habit to check whatever Wally locations we pass when my wife and I go out or sometimes on the way home from work. As there is at least one Wally location in almost any direction we go from where we live, I hit them fairly often. 9mm supplies do seem to be returning.

I was in the Turkey Creek Walmart last night (Monday night - 3/15/10) and they had a pretty good stock of Federal 9mm at $9.97 per box. Still had about twice as much .40 in the Federal, though. They had so much of the RWS 9mm stuff that they had it in two different places on the shelf. Kind of strange but they also had a big ol' stack of .357 Sig on the shelf. They didn't have any of the Win. Super X .22WMR 40 grain JHPs I was looking for, though.

Last weekend, I was in the Lenoir City Wally and they had the 100 round packs of WWB 115 grain 9mm. Don't remember if they had any 50 round WWB 9mm packs or not but they did have a couple of 50 round packs of the Remington UMC in 9mm. They had some of the Federal stuff the week before. The Madisonville store also had some WWB 9mm a couple of weeks ago. I am okay on 9mm range fodder right now and didn't buy any. I like the Blazer Brass/Federal stuff better since it is a little cheaper than the WWB and works just as well in my Kel Tec P11. Pretty much anything works in my Ruger P95.

Also, last week the LC store had some 550 and 333 round bulk packs of .22LR. I even managed to buy a 100 round value pack of the Remington UMC .380 JHPs there - the last one they had.

Not Walmart but last Saturday the Bass Pro Shop/Outdoor World in Sevierville had some Remington Express 9mm +P JHPs and some premium +P 9mm Winchester SD ammo but no cheap range fodder. I did stop by the Chapman Highway Wally as that was the way we went to Sevierville and was surprised to see that they had Gold Dots in .38 Special +P and (iirc) .40. I've never seen Gold Dots in Walmart before - although I have seen the premium Winchester stuff in .40.

Edited by JAB