kel-tec p11 and HP feddings ?'s and issues

Guest 1817ak47

Guest 1817ak47

ok the gun is flawless with fmj. I thought I heard something outside last night and loaded(attempted to) with a speer gold dot round from a mag that was loaded with all the same round. took some playing with the slide, before it fully chambered it. then later I would pull the slide open till empty the mag to see how it would or wouldn't feed. the 12 round didn't want to feed hp, the 10 round one was a little better, but the nose of the round was just a little to low to hit the ramp.

will all hp's cause this or just some brands etc??

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1817ak47

no, haven't gotten that far, cooler weather really slowed things down. but I plan to do that soon. I did clean out the mold ridges inside the magwell in the grip

Guest mikedwood
ok the gun is flawless with fmj. I thought I heard something outside last night and loaded(attempted to) with a speer gold dot round from a mag that was loaded with all the same round. took some playing with the slide, before it fully chambered it. then later I would pull the slide open till empty the mag to see how it would or wouldn't feed. the 12 round didn't want to feed hp, the 10 round one was a little better, but the nose of the round was just a little to low to hit the ramp.

will all hp's cause this or just some brands etc??

You got it to feed FMJ? Awesome I never could get mine to feed $h%$. I had the feed ramp polished an it would feed 3 FMJ before it jambed.

I had the same problem with mine. I fixed it by selling the gun!

Likewise. Well I traded it in to a gunstore on a G26. I love the G26 :D

Guest 70below

I've heard a lot of people have feeding problems with the 12 round mags but the 10's usually feed perfect. Do you have a 10rd mag to try?

Guest Ae-35

Call KT they got a full life time warranty, most likely the 12 rounder. My wife and I each got one, 500 fmj and 250 various hps through hers, never a hic-up. Mine was used I've put 650 ( 100 today ) through mine, shoots everything, golddot, corbon +p hp, goldensaber, hydra-shock. Never tried the 12 rd. mags. I stick with the 10. If ya want to sell it check out KTOG forum, always plenty of buyers for the P11 and FP9.

Guest cheez

Send it back to KT. They are one of the best in the business about standing behind their products. Real fast turn around too.The P11 should eat anything you feed it.

They replaced my entire frame, a number of internal parts and polished my feed ramp on my pf9. I am not the original owner and told them that when I called. They said send it in and I may get charged, but they didn't charge me anything. It took like a week or 10 days turn around. My only expense was overnight to them at around $30.