Benefactor Registration

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Guys, there used to be a notice on the payments page that if you were sending by mail to be sure and PM me ahead of time so I'd know to look for it. This doesn't come to my house; it comes to a PO box. I only go over there once in a blue moon unless I know I'm expecting something.

I'll go look today and find out. I'll also check and make sure the payment page has something about this for folks who send things via USPS in the future, if it's not already there.

• Administrator

I haven't been yet. Want the key? I can tell you where the PO Box is. Better yet... I'll let you be on call for me at work so I'll have time to do things like drive to the PO, spend time with my family, keep in top of everything going on here on TGO, spend time with my family, etc. Did I mention spend time with my family?

The good news for you is that I'm off work today so I'll be stopping by the PO at some point. Before I go back to work tomorrow. But I plan on spending some time with my family first.

• Administrator

PO Box has been checked. Anyone who had sent payment by USPS in the past week or two has been updated here on TGO now.

I have also corrected the information at the bottom of the Premium Membership signup page to explain the need to alert me when payments are being sent by USPS. Sadly that information was lost along the way during one of the many upgrades I've done to the forum.

I'm sorry for the delay but I simply cannot express adequately how busy I have been the past few months without it seeming like an impossible exaggeration. My free time has literally been reduced to sleeping hours (give or take) and what little I've had lately has been guarded jealously for my family's sake. Hopefully this schedule will slow down some.

I've also picked up a new personal laptop and broadband wireless card so that hopefully I can get back into the loop during lunch at work. When I get lunch. :love:

• Administrator

Thankfully I'm off today. We actually do on-call rotations (the cycle for which is too short, IMO) but I've also built a lot of new servers lately and have been fielding calls related to them by virtue of the fact that they are so new. I'd say that 9 of every 10 calls is a person assuming that the new server must be the cause of a problem, but I still have to dig and determine that this is the case before I hand it off to someone else to work.

*sigh*

Change is good, right? :)

David, thanks for updating. I'm sure you have a hectic schedule and didn't want to be one of those that sends endless PM's. I figured if I hadn't heard anything in a month I would ask because I know how the USPS can be. Anyhow, thanks! :)