2010 Census

kb4ns

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikedwood
Amnesty is about to be a hot issue very soon. Sick, isn't it?

That is the only reason I can figure behind it.

I really wish I hadn't checked white and had checked "other" and wrote in "American". Alll sides of my family tree have been here so long we really haven't a clue other than referencing geneology that has been done.

Apparently Scotch and Welch but that really means little to me personally. I Identify more with a pickup an rifle and a 4 wheel drive than I do a kilt, bagpipes or Scots Crumpets.

When are they going to start having an "American" option? I think that should be a real goal for the government. The division is the cause of the division. I know all kinds of races that would classify themselves as an American if it were an option.

Got the new Census in the mail today. All it wanted to know was who, how old, and what race.

Made it much quicker, but what happened to the questions about income, etc?

Did mine yesterday too. I thought it was interesting -- same questions as yours. Must have been a bunch of complaining about the last census. The income and house stuff is none of their business anyway.

Kind regards,

Leroy

Why did they waste the money to send out a letter to inform me that they would be sending out the official form the next week and to be watching for it. My wife said she read that cost tax payers over 80 million. Just another huge waste of taxpayer money!

Just like the IRS,they send a notice to tell me I will be getting a notice then send a notice telling me the notice has been sent.

Guest db99wj
Just like the IRS,they send a notice to tell me I will be getting a notice then send a notice telling me the notice has been sent.

That really bugs me that they did that. Hell I saw, Eva Longoria on a commercial last night for the census. She has got to be expensive.

Did anyone notice that the first question (how many people) was in a shaded box, different than the rest of the form? That really is the only question they legally have authority to ask.

I filled in that one box and mailed it off. If they want to know if they want to know if I kive in a house or trailer, or what color my skin is, they can see for them selves when they come to my house. Anything else they can figure out from my 1040. I'm not answering anything else.

Un-freakin'-believable how much money they waste!

First - I got something in the mail telling me I would be getting something in the mail.

Then - I got something in the mail.

Today - I got something in the mail telling me I got something in the mail.

Ladies and gentlemen, your tax dollars at work! :D

Scots Crumpets.

What the heck is a "Scots Crumpet?" I want you to bring some next time we go to the range.

Maybe Hagis was the word you were looking for there?

Anyway, I filled in the number of people living at this address and put it in the mail box.

My wife brought in the mail yesterday and was laughing as she walked in the door. I asked her what was so funny and she said "If the letter telling you that you were going to get the census letter pissed you off then this letter telling you that you should have already gotten the census letter is going to make your head explode."

Edited by BrasilNuts

I really wish I hadn't checked white and had checked "other" and wrote in "American".

I like this so much I am putting it in mine. Hope you don't mind me stealing your idea here.

I am also going to include the pre census letter I recieved as well as the postcard that came today when I return the census form ( mostly left blank). They can have those back.

But, but, but, the questionnaire is to be answered as of April, 01, 2010.

"1. How many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2010?"

I can not predict the future with 100% accuracy, so I will not fill out the form until then.

oldogy

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The public can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

from the Boortz site

( I used shiznit for the enjoyment of those that think certain words should only be used by certain age groups :cool:)

Word you old ****. :up:

I got my postcard today after the form last week and the notification letter the week before. Will send it in about the same time I get off my ass and fill out the 1040.

Guest oldsmobile98
Un-freakin'-believable how much money they waste!

First - I got something in the mail telling me I would be getting something in the mail.

Then - I got something in the mail.

Today - I got something in the mail telling me I got something in the mail.

Ladies and gentlemen, your tax dollars at work! ;)

Wonder if they will send you a confirmation that they received it?