Common sense or nonsense?

Guest Guitarsnguns

Guest Guitarsnguns

As most of y'all, I am deeply concerned about the near and far future of America. Having spent a great deal of time in vain searching for causes and answers, I hope to put my mind at ease as I have come to the following simple observations and a conclusion that seems to put this all in perspective to me.

#1. Equality: This IMO is the most ridiculous notion ever. There is no such thing. Every organism on this planet has inherent advantages and disadvantages over other similar organisms; this fact is only magnified in social creatures such a Homo sapiens.

#2 Rights: Come on! George Carlon summed this up beautifully. "There are no such things as rights, only temporary privleges." The ONLY rights you have are those you are powerful enough to procure. (See #1)

#3.(Equal rights) Then when you put the two together it becomes pure nonesense, yet this is the premise that has been beaten into our heads for over a century.I think we as a society now use it as some kind of perceived shield to protect us from persecution and/or unfair treatment when in fact, it is a trap and a tool that has been used to brainwash us into complacency. These notions give us some false sense of security in that we are told that the powers that be (the institution if you will) are fighting to provide this for us as we stand by and do nothing. Meanwhile, our "temorary privleges" are stripped away. Our forefathers fought, died and sacrificed in order to gain the power to procure the rights they wished for. It is time for Americans to wake up and realize that rights are not won, but earned every single moment, inch by inch through asserting enough power to maintain them; otherwise all is lost. We the poeple are still stronger and more influential united than all of the governments and corporations on the planet combined, but I wonder if we still have the fortitude and conviction to remain a free and truly independent society. We are the problem and it is time to start looking inward rather than pointing fingers at the Fox news boogiemen and all of the other scapegoats our society has dreamed up. Having said that, do you agree with this notion? Do you think Americans have the fortitude to do what is required to recreate America as our forefathers intended it to be?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest uofmeet

I think people just got sleepy. Kinda like when the economy was good, people were just coasting along and letting their guards down until the economy started having problems. Then people woke up.

I am thinking This is now happening with the politics and government now. Only, people are still waking up.

Guest Guitarsnguns

I suppose what I was trying to get at in the initial rant was that with all of the frenzied debate and finger pointing that is going on, why isn't anybody examining and explaining to America that the reason all of this is happening in the first place is because we allowed it to happen, and we are the only ones capable of fixing it? I know it is only human to want to blame somebody other than ourselves, but we seem to be running out of time. The government moves at a snails pace, but we have the power to effect markets immediately and send a very clear economic message to those who are working at robbing us all blind.

Rights are an ideal... which I agree take dedication, strength and struggle to claim, retain and exercise. That is being chipped away.

The 'People' have gotten weaker, less dedicated and less free, while the government has gotten stronger and exchanged our rights for regulated permission and temporary 'security'. If the people get weak enough and restricted enough, we will either just go quietly into the night, or the process will restart with the intent to return to a simpler governance and better defined freedom.

I agree with your thinking on the issues, and sadly to say I think Americans as a whole do not have the fortitude anymore to stand up and recreate the country to what it was meant to be. I think the government has noticed this trend over the years and used it to put the people of this nation right in the position they want them to be in. My views on political issues may be all wrong, but all I seem to see anymore is a bunch of politicians and people in the media arguing back and forth on issues, without really pay any attention to what the rest of the citizens of this country think or believe. At the same time I see the people of this country getting weaker and weaker because of laws that keep getting passed to protect the weak. Simple things like having to watch what you say around people because you may hurt their feelings, and they may take you to court over it even though the people are suppose to have the right to freedom of speech. I'm all about being nice to people, but protecting people to such an extent only promotes weakness. It lets the one's getting their feelings hurt know that it's ok to be weak, and at the same time it causes the strong people that speak their mind to realize that they're better off just being quiet. Just like you mentioned, there really are no rights anymore, the people have allowed the government and the media to twist the constitution around to where they are only temporary privileges that at any time could be stripped away. What are suppose to be our rights as citizens of this country, like the 2nd amendment for example, are things that this country was founded on. People fought and died so that this country could be set up based on these rights, and in my opinion there should NEVER have to be anyone standing up against the government of this country to defend these rights. Anti gun folks could protest all they wanted because they have the freedom of speech, but we as people in this country should never have to worry about that right being taken away like we do these days. In certain ways I see more and more people trying to stand up, but at the same time there are more and more that are just losing interest because they feel like they do not have a voice against the politicians of this country anymore. I think that the loss of interest is because of not having big enough support on issues that individuals try to stand up against, and the fact that the media is the one that seems to be in control of whether word gets out or not is another deciding factor. For there to be a drastic change, there would have to be a larger portion of the country all taking a stand together, and at the same time they would have to have the media backing and coverage to get noticed by the government, which in most cases the latter never happens.

Even with all this going through my mind here lately I find myself dragging my feet as well, kinda in the groggy state as Jack says. I see where things are going, but at this point I as one person wouldn't even know where to start towards making a large enough movement to get things back on track.

Sorry for rambling on and writing a book. There's alot more to be said in there as well, but here lately on political issues I'm at the furious point where my points get lost in what I say or type.

Or maybe my views are just all completely wrong.

Guest Guitarsnguns
At the same time I see the people of this country getting weaker and weaker because of laws that keep getting passed to protect the weak.

Yes, but are the weak the majority or is this being used as an excuse to create a weak majority?

What are suppose to be our rights as citizens of this country, like the 2nd amendment for example, are things that this country was founded on. People fought and died so that this country could be set up based on these rights, and in my opinion there should NEVER have to be anyone standing up against the government of this country to defend these rights.

I have to differ on that point. The Declaration and the constitution both warn of the need to protect our rights from our own government and provided the means to do so for future generations. The framers were VERY aware of the potential danger of what is happening now.

Even with all this going through my mind here lately I find myself dragging my feet as well, kinda in the groggy state as Jack says. I see where things are going, but at this point I as one person wouldn't even know where to start towards making a large enough movement to get things back on track.

I share this sentiment too, but I have decided to take action on a personal level. The type of tyranny we are witnessing today requires a great deal of support from us to succeed. I for one will no longer borrow money on credit or deposit money anywhere but credit unions and community banks. Additionally, I will research, and continue to withold my business from any entity that promotes practices that are not in alignment with The Constitution.

***My comments in bold. Sorry, I was not sure how to multiquote.*

-Guitarsnguns

I truly believe we can starve them if a majority got on board and was willing to sacrifice for a solution. We are laying the groundwork for the future, let's do it right.

I truly believe we can starve them if a majority got on board and was willing to sacrifice for a solution. We are laying the groundwork for the future, let's do it right.

I believe it would be possible, but the numbers that would have to be involved in that majority would have to be huge, and the sacrifices would be great as well. Very few are willing to take hardly any risk, much less risk jail time or death anymore like our ancestors were willing to do to protect this country as it was founded. The other issue is that a large portion of the majority are highly uneducated and will go along with whatever the government tells them is right and wrong because they think those highly educated politicians know what is best for the country. Politicians realize this, that is why they like to twist things around so that the uneducated majority will vote in their favor.

hitler knew that the first thing he had to do to obtain a strong hold on his sheeple was to re-educate the children. Teach them what guberment wants them to know....sounds familiar ;)

That's exactly the type of thing that's going on, and alot of people either don't realize it, or just refuse to believe it. As I've said before this isn't something that has just now begun, it's something that has been prepared for many years and now the people running the show have realized it's the right time to really start acting on it. The arrogance in Washington, and complete disregard for the voice of the people in this country is simply outrageous and things are only getting worse. Alot of people are ignorant enough to believe they can just suffer though another 3 years and then simply elect a new president in hopes that that would put things back on the right track. What worries me is that if the people don't get together, and I mean the majority of this entire country, there may not even be a presidential election in 3 years.

Guest 6.8 AR

So, how many people actually fought during the American Revolution? Don't give up so fast on the American. It may have to get worse before it gets better, but when people live in a "free" society, they will reach a point when it becomes no longer tolerable to live under tyranny. A republic is the most difficult place to conquer. It has to be completely destroyed. Machiavelli said something to that effect. I can't quote it, though. I agree with him. Obama will not be able to reach enough hearts and minds

to destroy this country, although he is trying.

Federal schools. Boy isn't that the truth. The list could go on and on about the angles

it corrupts our kids. Right out of the NAZI playbook, which is communism also.

We will win this war but it will cost dearly.

Edited by 6.8 AR
sp
Guest Guitarsnguns
I would've said the only rights you have are the ones you're able to force other people to honor or accept.

J.

This is true, and I think a bloodless revolution could be won by simply denying those who conspire to drain our society of its resources and freedoms. The American people are being sucked dry by the wealthiest and most powerful 5% of society because we allow it to happen. All of that money and power is funneling upward from our blood sweat and tears. I once read a report by an economist who stated that if everybody in America Stayed home from work, and did not buy anything, it would only take three days to bankrupt the system. That is power! I wish somebody smarter and more influential than myself would educate us all on how to use it as the weapon that it is.

This is true, and I think a bloodless revolution could be won by simply denying those who conspire to drain our society of its resources and freedoms. The American people are being sucked dry by the wealthiest and most powerful 5% of society because we allow it to happen. All of that money and power is funneling upward from our blood sweat and tears. I once read a report by an economist who stated that if everybody in America Stayed home from work, and did not buy anything, it would only take three days to bankrupt the system. That is power! I wish somebody smarter and more influential than myself would educate us all on how to use it as the weapon that it is.

I agree on starving them of their funds, but that's the part where my lack of education comes into play. I could see cutting back on spending, but as far as staying home from work it wouldn't do any good because I would still get paid the same either way. I've also thought about just not paying taxes anymore, but in the majority of jobs these days we don't have that option since they take the taxes out before we even get our paychecks. Politicians are paid by our tax dollars, but they really don't have to think about that because they know we don't have the option of not paying taxes. Since the citizens seem to have no voice anymore as to what our government does, and our tax dollars are being used to pay off the people with the influential votes, then I view taxes these days as absolute robbery.

RIGHT NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE CAN DO IS RAISE HELL WITH YOUR CONGRESSMAN. AND REMIND THEM THAT YOU WILL NOT FORGET.

That's absolutely what we should be doing, and what everyone I know has been doing on the health care issue here lately. However the whole situation goes to prove my point that the people's voice means nothing anymore, as it seems he's already made his choice despite what pretty much everyone that has called him has been raising hell about. His job has either already been secured or he has been offered some kinda payoff for his vote that makes it not matter to him if the people forget this or not. This is what it's all come to in this country, and payoffs and all the other corruption is all funded by us as taxpayers so money is no object to them. At some point the people are going to have to all get together and do more than just fuss to deaf ears.

Edited by MCSCOTT
Guest Guitarsnguns
RIGHT NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE CAN DO IS RAISE HELL WITH YOUR CONGRESSMAN. AND REMIND THEM THAT YOU WILL NOT FORGET.

Ideally this would be effective; unfortunately, special interest lobbies seem to speak louder than we do. I think modern government represents the intersts of corporations above those of the people.

Guest 6.8 AR

No, it doesn't, unless you let those special interest lobbies influence your vote. If the annointed ones aren't allowed to be so annointed and their feet are held to the fire, this will be a different country.

Our problems stem from our complacency. Typical everyday Americans just want to be left alone to go to their jobs, be with their families and live their lives. They assume things are okay until enough pie gets thrown in their face. This has taken most of the 20th century for it to get this bad and it has been a continual orchestrated effort from the progressives. They have been winning in the arena of ideas for too long, mainly because too many people have only given their ideas a slight glance and have given little attention to opposing views. This will not last much longer.

America is still a republic and people still know what freedom feels, smells and tastes like. Until the last American standing is destroyed, it won't be lost, because he remembers what it is worth to him. One can play 'armchair quarterback and suppose

all he or she wants whether this country will fall to a China or worse, an internal

threat, but there will always be a fight worth fighting until the last American is gone.

Cynicism is just laziness for the brain. There is no thought attached to strategy or

tactic. If all you wish to be is a cynic, and predetermine our defeat, you must not have any fight left in you and have already surrendered to the cowards who can't

control you, anyway. The answer to cynism is to quit being lazy. Quit watching that stupid reality show as Suntzu sarcastically suggested.:stick:

The people engaging us against our freedoms are cowards, and if anything is left

undestroyed, they won't be able to use it or control it because they didn't have anything to do with creating it, in the first place. Our society has been on the decline

for far too long because of all the altruistic and feel good policies we have allowed

our enemy to enact. They need to be banished. You need to be willing to fight the good fight and that starts by getting involved, not just criticizing both sides.

If it means that shots will eventually be fired, so be it. They will be the ones firing

first, when they see their control is evaporating, and we will finish that war, but only with resolve. Peaceful demonstrating in the sixties led to violence by the liberals.

We will have to do the same thing. Start peaceably boycotting and using the courts

and the ballot box to fight back. When you show these cowards you are a force to be reckoned with they will be dangerous for a little while and might even cause a war,

but they will lose because they are not as united as you might think. Look at the

debate over health care and you should see it.

Republics have been able to stand the test of time compared to communism. Freedom was meant for humans and it will prevail when we start caring about it.

One of these days I will use this editor right, I promise!

Edited by 6.8 AR
nothing, really