Smith & Wesson M&P15R 5.45x39 Rifle??

DaveTN

That syringe idea is S--T Hot! :cool:

And great point about the affects on a $11.00 part.

Colonel, if you're thinking about getting one PM me. I know a place

where the complete rifle is really cheap. I',m buying a second one

for a project I have in mind.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... if you're thinking about getting one PM me....

Thanks so much for the kind offer.

But for now - - - To keep it straight in my head (and ammo locker) think I'll keep my ARs in 5.56 & my AKs in 7.62 & 5.45! :cool:

Maybe the OP would be interested.

An 8" plate @ 250 yds with irons is no problem with AIM spam can ammo. Granted it's the nastyiest **** I've ever shot but for 0.13 cents per rd delivered you can't beat it for a truck gun all around bangin' rifle. The S&W bores are chrome lined so I'm not really worried about corrosion. A few shots of brake cleaner down the gas tube and it's good to go. The BCG gets real nasty but I don't mind the cleaning. The only problem I had to begin with was ignition. I ended up bumping the shoulder back on the firing pin .018 thous. and flattening the FP tip. This allowed me to run a mil spec hammer spring instead of the supplied orange spring.

DaG

I've got the M&P 15X and have shot around 200 rounds of the Wolf 62 gr. hp, I have had 2 FTE's and 1 FTF. The fail to fire took a few minutes to extract the round. It seems it was a failure in the feeding. Overall, I am very pleased with the gun.

Incidently, this gun was packaged wrong from the factory. The box labeled it as an regular M&P 15; however I bought the gun with the quad rail. I researched and after talking to S&W it is an X mistakenly. I guess the only difference form the straight M&P and the X is the quad rail.

I have been shooting Polish 5.45 surplus for awhile. I have never installed the

orange spring. When I get to the Russian and Ukraine I was told I might have to.

I am going to try a speed hammer and have the stock trigger tweeked.

Where do you get the Polish 5.45?

DaG

I got it over two years ago in a buy with my brother when we purchased

some AK-74's. I purchased 10 cans. It was through a guy at a export/import company my brother is friends with in GA.

In 2007 Centerfire,Century and just about everybody had it. Then it ws Bulgarian, Russian and now Ukrainian is whats out there.

I'm still looking for some 7N10 to show up.

Edited by R1100R