How can I.....

How can I "not" have to log back in after 5 minuites of "idleing"? usually if I'm typing a response and it takes me a while or I get sidetracked, when I am ready to hit Submit I have to log in again. Is there someway I can turn this feature off? Or do I have to accept this because I am a really slow typist?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer

I want the same thing...I checked the box, doesnt matter for some reason, I have cookies enabled so it "should" work...I think admins, or mods just need to increase the ide time???

Guest Verbal Kint
I want the same thing...I checked the box, doesnt matter for some reason, I have cookies enabled so it "should" work...I think admins, or mods just need to increase the ide time???

You guys just suck at life. :D

I'm never logged out of the site, unless I purposely click the "Log Out" link. Otherwise I can sit here indefinitely and never have an issue.

Guest canynracer
You guys just suck at life. :D

I'm never logged out of the site, unless I purposely click the "Log Out" link. Otherwise I can sit here indefinitely and never have an issue.

I know I suck at life, I am at work, and on this site ALWAYS, I need to go BUY guns instead of reading about them with you ya-hoos...:lol:

I dont log out....I get up to beat the kids for 5 min or so, when I come back...im booted...

oh, and I have a laptop with wireless, so I sit my fat azz on the lazy boy, watch TV, and such things...but sometimes, i just get booted..

This site and tnspeed both forget I'm logged on all the time. Like you said, after about 5 minutes, I have to log in again. Even if I'm actively browsing.

They are the only boards that do it. I've gotten used to it, just remember to copy/paste if you write a big post so it's not lost due to login error.

Firefox/Windows XP. I've blamed Firefox for a while but since no other sites do it, I don't think that's the case.

Oh well, it's no trouble to log back in, just a little annoying.

Guest Verbal Kint

Tnspd did it to me a time or two, initially, but then it stopped after I changed some settings or updated something. Can't remember what it was, now. Big help I know... lol... but it's been forever ago.

TGO has never booted me, though, no matter how long I idle here. :D

Guest canynracer
Tnspd did it to me a time or two, initially, but then it stopped after I changed some settings or updated something. Can't remember what it was, now. Big help I know... lol... but it's been forever ago.

TGO has never booted me, though, no matter how long I idle here. :D

hmmm, its almost like you have connections huh??:lol:

Guest canynracer
I've never been booted either, but then again, I have a Mac, so pretty much nothing bad ever happens to me when it comes to computers.

......:D /looks around for Murphy

Guest Verbal Kint
I've never been booted either, but then again, I have a Mac, so pretty much nothing bad ever happens to me when it comes to computers.

Except for paying twice the price for half of the computer. :D

Guest Verbal Kint
It was a price I was willing to pay for all the computer I need. You tech guys can have your PCs, you know how to run them. I'd rather spend my time shooting than deconfiguring tcp/ip protocols.

:D

I actually like their (Apple's) higher end machines... especially for web dev and video production. But until they lower their prices, and increase their performance, (at the same time) I'll stick to PC's.

I've never had a problem with any computer I've owned. Then again, I've built every computer myself except for the very first 286sx that I was given as a Christmas present one year... so I've been around them over half of my life. Everything now days is PnP and auto-detect anyway... so no more having to configure your own network settings and all that stuff. And most problems people encounter with PCs are due to their own inability to leave stuff alone when it's working.

But anyway... this subject's an entirely different thread in itself. :lol: