personal reasons why? "Healthcare"

Guest strelcevina

give me One or more personal reasons why this bill is eider Good or Bad for you.

I'm personally getting more government mandates and higher taxes for the promised ability to keep the coverage I already have, with the insurance company promising to raise my rates dramatically. Is this a good deal for me? I think not.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHat we have now is not insurance; it is prepaid healthcare risk pools. To solve the problem, we need to get rid of these policies, offer INSURANCE, and make the consumer responsible for everyday healthcare expenses, such as medicines, doctor visits, etc. Does you auto insurance pay for an oil change? Does you homeowner's insurance pay for a new couch? If the actual consumer were more connected to the price of these things, you'd see the price of them go down dramatically.

THIS!!!!

Yep it is not insurance it is health care maintenance. If car insurance looked like healthcare insurance there would be a co-pay on oil changes and tires and windshield wipers etc....

Guest strelcevina
WHat we have now is not insurance; it is prepaid healthcare risk pools. To solve the problem, we need to get rid of these policies, offer INSURANCE, and make the consumer responsible for everyday healthcare expenses, such as medicines, doctor visits, etc. Does you auto insurance pay for an oil change? Does you homeowner's insurance pay for a new couch? If the actual consumer were more connected to the price of these things, you'd see the price of them go down dramatically.

OMG that was most "whatever" thing a heard in long time.

you would take car and home insurance principles and apply them to Healthcare.

my friend soon warranty expires 99% people stop fixing their cars, until it dies and their forced to pay to fix it.

hence a lot of people goes to Emergency room, and they don't have insurance.

and why is that?

because they know that ER cant refuse to help them.

and who pays for that?

tax payers, my friend

hence a lot of people goes to Emergency room, and they don't have insurance.

and why is that?

because they know that ER cant refuse to help them.

This should be changed as well. Approximately 80% of the people going to an emergency room should be beaten with a garden hose and sent home. If you won't die before morning, you do not need to be in an emergency room.

Yep it is not insurance it is health care maintenance. If car insurance looked like healthcare insurance there would be a co-pay on oil changes and tires and windshield wipers etc....

And then our government would be trying to pass legislation that states auto insurance is a right. Everyone should own a car, and it should be insured. It isn't fair that low income citizens of this prosperous nation should bear the strain of purchasing new brakes and tires. Elderly citizens are having to dscide between paying their cell phone bills and chrome wheels! What a shame! We'll get the evil rich people to pay!!!! There is no difference.

Guest TnDeerHunter

When they come up with a plan that includes senators and all the rest then and only then will they have a acceptable policy. They know it's bad or they would include theirselfs on it but no they use our tax money to their betterment.

Guest strelcevina
And then our government would be trying to pass legislation that states auto insurance is a right. Everyone should own a car, and it should be insured. It isn't fair that low income citizens of this prosperous nation should bear the strain of purchasing new brakes and tires. Elderly citizens are having to dscide between paying their cell phone bills and chrome wheels! What a shame! We'll get the evil rich people to pay!!!! There is no difference.

do you even own a car, or do you drive somebody's?

when bush was a president ,they changed a law, that you MUST have insurance if you drive a car on the street.

if you drive a car without a insurance, you will be punished for it.

so heltcare bill is something similar. if you have life, you have to have insurance.

when bush was a president ,they changed a law, that you MUST have insurance if you drive a car on the street.

so heltcare bill is something similar. if you have life, you have to have insurance.

You don't have to drive a car.

I'm personally getting more government mandates and higher taxes for the promised ability to keep the coverage I already have, with the insurance company promising to raise my rates dramatically. Is this a good deal for me? I think not.

I'm not going to say much here, because I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude about the whole thing. I share everybody's concerns.

Just want to make one point that seems to be overlooked... Your insurance rates were going to raise dramatically, year after year, no matter what. Without any intervention, we were already screwed.

When this turns into a real working model, a lot of stuff in the legislation may change or go away. The politicians are only saying what's good for them, so they're not a reliable source.

These were state laws that were placed. If a state wants to mandate health insurance, I'd personally be against it, but I would prefer it to a national mandate.

Guest rockbottom12

fiance in med school. We got screwed. now instead of spending 60% of time with patients she will spend 70% of her time with paperwork or on the phone with the good old govment. Not to mention the lost income, challenges in paying off med school debt we will face and beurocratic crap we will have to put up to do what we love, taking care of people.

thanks for listening.

Ya think?:(

Guess i didn't have to say that, eh? :D Let me put it another way...

If I'm looking at a new gun, I may read the reviews in the rags and on the net, then take it all with a grain of salt. Then, I'll ask the folks on this board.

None of us have had a chance to test drive this thing.

The U.S. Postal Service is BROKE.

Social Security is BROKE.

Fannie Mae is BROKE.

Medicaid is BROKE.

Medicare is running at 9.5 times over budget.

Freddie Mac is BROKE.

The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. It is an abysmal FAILURE.

They have failed in every "government service" they have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars and drowning us in debt.

So heck, I'm not sure why I think this bill is a bad idea?? This one will surely go better.:(

has the question ever been posed to Congress as to why they get a different insurance deal than us peasants do? And if so was any answer given?

The way I understand it, when the current deal is fully rolled out, there will be no difference.

Yes, the question has been posed. Just depends on who you believe.

If you really listen to those words from Sunztu's video it fits like a non OJ glove.

Don't worry about planning, live for today.

This is how a large portion of our nation thinks. Someone else owes me a living, a home, my food and now my healthcare.

I work for a living and I'm tired of paying for everyone else who refuse to contribute their fair share.

In my USA, there are two laws I would push for and sign into law.

1. Abolish Insurance and make it punishable to sell like drugs. Costs would come down based on all the savings that having no administration costs associated to it. It's always going to cost something more than food or gas folks, its life saving stuff! And worth it.

2. Make it so hard to apply for and receive aid that it would be easier for someone to just go to work. Requests for aid would demand that you provide all documentation on how many job interviews were applied for, you would be drug tested, you would clean highways and roads or other "community service" while receiving benefits and it would all begin again each year. You could have only the basics of life, housing, food and I'll even toss in a land line phone so you can keep looking for work. That's it. The constitution states you can pursue happiness, not that it will given to you.

My safety net would automatically provide aid to those born with life disabilities (downs syndrome, etc) but those that have decided to "almost" take their own life's with drugs or alcohol will be their families responsibility, not the rest of society.

If you want to go to the old rhetoric of how uncaring I am, truly think about it. What's more caring than parents passing on good morals and ethics and our society getting stronger instead of the mass of crap we have now. We actually care less now than ever in our history. If we truly cared for each other as a society then we wouldn't just pass the buck asking a faceless bureaucracy to spend in their eyes, others money, on taking care of those that didn't care in the first place.

Rant off

The U.S. Postal Service is BROKE.

Social Security is BROKE.

Fannie Mae is BROKE.

Medicaid is BROKE.

Medicare is running at 9.5 times over budget.

Freddie Mac is BROKE.

The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. It is an abysmal FAILURE.

They have failed in every "government service" they have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars and drowning us in debt.

So heck, I'm not sure why I think this bill is a bad idea?? This one will surely go better.:(

LOL! But this program is goint to save us money!:)

Guest 6.8 AR
If you really listen to those words from Sunztu's video it fits like a non OJ glove.

Don't worry about planning, live for today.

This is how a large portion of our nation thinks. Someone else owes me a living, a home, my food and now my healthcare.

I work for a living and I'm tired of paying for everyone else who refuse to contribute their fair share.

In my USA, there are two laws I would push for and sign into law.

1. Abolish Insurance and make it punishable to sell like drugs. Costs would come down based on all the savings that having no administration costs associated to it. It's always going to cost something more than food or gas folks, its life saving stuff! And worth it.

2. Make it so hard to apply for and receive aid that it would be easier for someone to just go to work. Requests for aid would demand that you provide all documentation on how many job interviews were applied for, you would be drug tested, you would clean highways and roads or other "community service" while receiving benefits and it would all begin again each year. You could have only the basics of life, housing, food and I'll even toss in a land line phone so you can keep looking for work. That's it. The constitution states you can pursue happiness, not that it will given to you.

My safety net would automatically provide aid to those born with life disabilities (downs syndrome, etc) but those that have decided to "almost" take their own life's with drugs or alcohol will be their families responsibility, not the rest of society.

If you want to go to the old rhetoric of how uncaring I am, truly think about it. What's more caring than parents passing on good morals and ethics and our society getting stronger instead of the mass of crap we have now. We actually care less now than ever in our history. If we truly cared for each other as a society then we wouldn't just pass the buck asking a faceless bureaucracy to spend in their eyes, others money, on taking care of those that didn't care in the first place.

Rant off

No rant, here. Replacing insurance with personal responsibility would take a lot away with the costs

associated with a lot more than health care.

Government should not be in the welfare business

for anyone, including themselves. Goes back to personal

accountability.

Guest strelcevina
If you don't believe that this bill is not about public welfare, but about government control, I really don't know what to do to help you see the light.

i agree 100%.

it is all about a control.

20-25% money goes to rich bastards, who monopolizing our life .

plus 5-10% more for medication and any extra.

and all that when you perfectly healthy.

so USA so far, you got to give 20-35% of your hard earned income, Healthy.

and if you little sick, you got to give more than 50%.

so I.m for government to take little control over healthcare.

if i pay at least cant be denied anymore

Those damn rich people. They should all be tossed out of the country and take everything they own with them.

Of course what's rich?? Well to Strecelvina, probably everyone that makes more money than him. Look up envy.

So when they go, they close all their personally owned businesses and pull their investment capitol from the publicly traded ones. So a huge number of companies go belly up (don't have the numbers but you can logically figure its a big one). Yeah that's good for us.

So now the whole nation depends on the small buisness owner or government to provide for the economy. The Fed doesn't make anything, can't make a profit. Hmm. So the entire USA is now looking for an infrastructure run by small business owners who are below the "ERG" line (evil rich guy) which we have yet to establish a number on.

Are you really that ill informed Strec? Do you not understand economics at all? Are you willing to be informed and educated instead of living in your preconceived notions and rhetoric based thoughts?

The government will do nothing on your behalf, NOTHING ! It currently only acts to help politicians maintain their hold on power and that comes from the ill informed and weak with their hands out for OTP (other peoples money).

You can wish for "good" all you want, and in the other hand you can...fill in the blank.

i agree 100%.

it is all about a control.

20-25% money goes to rich bastards, who monopolizing our life .

plus 5-10% more for medication and any extra.

Wrong. Don't get it, get an HSA,................... do what ever you want.

and all that when you perfectly healthy.

so USA so far, you got to give 20-35% of your hard earned income, Healthy.

and if you little sick, you got to give more than 50%.

so I.m for government to take little control over healthcare.

if i pay at least cant be denied anymore

Really? Ask Canada, Russia, England, ......................:D

I understand it feels good to believe in a utopia, but it doesn't exist nor will it exist here. Ask everyone who has tried.

Guest strelcevina
Those damn rich people. They should all be tossed out of the country and take everything they own with them.

Of course what's rich?? Well to Strecelvina, probably everyone that makes more money than him. Look up envy.

So when they go, they close all their personally owned businesses and pull their investment capitol from the publicly traded ones. So a huge number of companies go belly up (don't have the numbers but you can logically figure its a big one). Yeah that's good for us.

So now the whole nation depends on the small buisness owner or government to provide for the economy. The Fed doesn't make anything, can't make a profit. Hmm. So the entire USA is now looking for an infrastructure run by small business owners who are below the "ERG" line (evil rich guy) which we have yet to establish a number on.

Are you really that ill informed Strec? Do you not understand economics at all? Are you willing to be informed and educated instead of living in your preconceived notions and rhetoric based thoughts?

The government will do nothing on your behalf, NOTHING ! It currently only acts to help politicians maintain their hold on power and that comes from the ill informed and weak with their hands out for OTP (other peoples money).

You can wish for "good" all you want, and in the other hand you can...fill in the blank.

:D Im will disagree with you right now. and i will tell you why.

first: financially all i got to have is 1$ positive cash in my pocket.and it would be more money than 95% people in this country.

and that is basic economics. hope you can agree with that.

secondly before only criminals would be providing insurance for money.

so i dont understand why people protect them. they do nothing than sucks our money as much they wont.

that is not an industry, so stop making it to look like one.