Restaurant Carry Bill

Guest oldfella

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest djack41

The senate judiciary committee today advanced the bill to the calendar committee. It will be debated on the senate floor one day next week.

Watched the Senate discussion. Kudos to Sen Bunch for calling out the restaurant/hospitality/chamber shill and telling it like it is. Jackson did a nice job in presentation and defusing the opposing arguments. Marrero and Kyle...well, nuff said...just glad I live closer to Canada than to them.

If ever there was reason to run certain Life-time Legislators out of office, this "debate" is it. The scope of this committee is to deal with the dollar impact of legislation, not to debate the merits. Sans data that would prove its passage to increase crime, there is no Constitutional reason for the Legislature to NOT put this into law, rather it is a public display of Power to usurp our Tennessee Constitution.

We are being bilked of our Rights by men bought and paid for, against the interest of the Citizen, and we should not forget their fingers on the throat of Liberty.

Guest Doc44

Thought I would share this news here.. VA passes CCW OK in restraunts as long as one does not drink booze.

I too have been watching the committee "debate". What a joke. The only place you will find as many criminals in one building at the same time is in the state pen. Some of these guys are idiots and think we are too. Can we give Memphis to Mississippi?

Portion of article:

Fairfax, Va. - Governor Bob McDonnell has signed into law a NRA-backed measure allowing right-to-carry permit holders to carry a concealed firearm for self-defense in restaurants, providing they do not consume alcohol. State Senator Emmett Hanger (R-24) and Delegate Todd Gilbert (R-15) were the principal sponsors of Senate Bill 334/House Bill 505.

“This is a victory for self-defense in Virginia," said Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action. “As headlines remind us, violent crime can happen anywhere. Law-abiding Virginia residents now have the option to carry a firearm in restaurants to defend themselves and their loved ones.”

The measure passed the State Senate in February by a margin of 22-18 and passed the House of Delegates in early March with a vote of 72-27. Virginia is the 42nd state to extend self-defense rights to permit holders in restaurants.

“The right to self-defense and the protection of loved ones in and outside the home is vital. We are pleased that Virginia passed these laws to enhance the self-defense rights of law-abiding folks in the Commonwealth,” concluded Cox. “The NRA would like to thank Governor Bob McDonnell and the lead bill sponsors, Senator Emmett Hanger and Delegate Todd Gilbert, as well as all the other legislators who supported this common-sense measure.”

This law will take effect July 1, 2010.

42 states now have such a law.

Doc44

Guest Tygarys
Not all of Memphis I hope? East isn't so bad it is just down town and certain areas where people think they are entitled to everyone else stuff.

Oh well. Maybe one day I will be able to legally sit in Outback Steakhouse eating a steak and wearing a pistol.

I think Outback posted all their restaurants. :)

Guest db99wj

Don't know who Chad Story is on the Facebook page, but he has got is stuff together. Very well done, but it appears to be very ineffective, due to the people he is arguing with our completely clueless and have no concept of reality or facts.

But anyway, that guy is doing a great job.

Guest 270win

I've never seen a proper sign at an outback steakhouse in Arkansas or Mississippi. I have yet to go to Outback in the Memphis area. It is legal to carry in the restaurants in AR and MS.