• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's mainly for hunting with 530gr subsonics suppressed. I always wanted a 458 and a SBR, but Marty at Teppo Jutsu had his house destroyed by a hurricane and was a year behind. I was looking for 8" barrel. Conventional wisdom says anything shorter than 7 1/2 will have problems. He was not even taking orders for a year, but he did have a 7" upper that he experimented with that he said he would sell. So that's how it came to be. The form 4 for the suppressor should be back in about 6 weeks. With it on the gun It will be the same length as an AR with a 16 1/2 barrel. I have added the 3 position gas block.

4583pgb001.jpg

Wow, I just got wind of this thread from 56Fordguy. Nice to know one other person in Tennessee has dealt with Marty! I love the 458 platform and would really love to see how that SBR handles someday Alleycat! I had the standard 16 inch heavy barrel flat top. I got mine well before Marty's run in with the hurricane but he's always been behind. A one man operation with that much demand can't ever catch up.

Finances last year forced me to part ways with mine but I'll have another. They are pure hell on deer!

Love that set up. Hope to see it someday. Thanks for sharing.

I worked with a small bullet manufacturer testing their bullets. He specializes in subsonic expanding bullets. The gun is outstanding in the field. I killed several deer last season testing and got golf ball size exit holes with subsonics. It's surprising how hard such a little gun hits. Marty is a hell of a good guy and some of his toys are being tested in the sandbox.

458Socomsub001.jpg

458Socom12-22-09001.jpg