Turkey Season, How did you do?

Guest clutepc

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clutepc

That's a great looking bird!!!

If mine looked that good I would have had him mounted, should be getting my Deer mount back soon, I'd love to add a big Turkey and Coyote to the room..:)

Guest clutepc
clutepc....would love to do the coyote mount for ya....got some good ideas for one.

If get one I'll get in contact with you!!

I thought I had one the other day going after my Turkey decoys but something stopped him coming in all the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody's posted in a while. I wondered if anybody had scored. I guess most hunters have called it quits by now. I'm still hunting at least every other day. Not hearing many though. I'm lucky if I hear one a day. Its real tough right now. Real hard to call one now. If anybody has had any luck let us know.

Nobody's posted in a while. I wondered if anybody had scored. I guess most hunters have called it quits by now. I'm still hunting at least every other day. Not hearing many though. I'm lucky if I hear one a day. Its real tough right now. Real hard to call one now. If anybody has had any luck let us know.

It's not for lack of trying ha ha. Maybe I can get one more before the season ends this week.

Well I couldn't believe it. I actually heard 5 this morning. Had a hen come into my hen decoy and beat the hell out of it. Its a inflatable and was worried that she'd put a hole in it. Had to run the old heifer off. She blew my mind. She was all blowed up like a strutting gobbler. Fan spread and everything. Couldn't call a gobbler though. Gonna try it again in the morning. Time is ticking away.

Edited by roverboy

I killed one more Saturday morning about 6:50. I set up to cut off a gobbler that I chased awhile Friday morning. He gobbled about 20 times Friday but never made a peep Sat. He came in to the decoy silent. Killed him at about 28 yards. I hadn't had much luck in a week or more.

My hat is off to anyone who killed a turkey. I can't do it for some reason....pigs are dumb enough for me though!

I guess I can't kill them either. Well, atleast not this year. I will throw in one caveat, I passed on a few jakes and one immature gobbler this year.

I did have fun this season. Saw lots of good birds and will have some huge birds to hunt next year.

Guest clutepc
My hat is off to anyone who killed a turkey. I can't do it for some reason....pigs are dumb enough for me though!

I'm wanting to go Pig hunting with my bow this summer sometime, my friends hunting camp in GA is full of them from what they tell me,

Guest clutepc

I had my best year so far but this is only my second year.

Ended up with a Jake and a 20lb bird with 9 inch beard and 7/8 Spurs.

I hunted a lot during the season, really more than I care to admit but still had a good time hunting. Learned and experienced a lot so it was all good!

The 2 birds I did shoot I was only in the woods a 1/2 hr each time.

One in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Looking forward to my 2nd season Deer hunting, I know where a 8 pointer that made it through last year likes to hang out just hope he doesn't move before then, lol

Guest mossyoakman

me and my buddy got a double on opening day and passed on a bunch of jakes ohter than that i didnt get to hunt like i would have liked due to work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trkythug

Well I'm comeing in late but I did pretty good this year, filled my tag for the first time ever, me and my brother doubled up on opening weekend and I got 3 more after that, 1 of them is my biggest bird to date, 23 1/2lbs 11 1/4in beard with 1 1/4in spurs, my last bird also had 1 1/4 in spurs so I am well pleased.