tuckable IWb holster

Guest bigsack

Guest bigsack

So getting ready to got to Easter services this morning i realized i need a tuckable IWB holster for my carry piece. i normally don't tuck my shirts in so my cheap uncle mikes IWB is fine, but with a shirt and tie not so much.

so what do yall recommend for a tuckable IWB holster for a sig P229 w/ rail. i generally carry at 3:30-4:00 on my right side.

What say you?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, considering you'll only have it on for half an hour (3:30 to 4:00)... :D

Kidding aside, if you're trying to stay within a budget, I've heard good things about the KHolsters. I just placed an order since they're on sale. I used to always use a "thunderwear" holster for those times I had to tuck, but I figured I'd try out the kholster. I've also heard great things about the Crossbreed Supertuck and CompTac Minotaur, but haven't had the money yet to pick one of those up.

Guest mikedwood
Well, considering you'll only have it on for half an hour (3:30 to 4:00)... :D

Kidding aside, if you're trying to stay within a budget, I've heard good things about the KHolsters. I just placed an order since they're on sale. I used to always use a "thunderwear" holster for those times I had to tuck, but I figured I'd try out the kholster. I've also heard great things about the Crossbreed Supertuck and CompTac Minotaur, but haven't had the money yet to pick one of those up.

Same, I'm wanting a Crossbreed Supertuck, but funds have been prohibitive.

It depends on your body shape more than the holster.

I have a SuperTuck and I had to laugh out loud the first time I tried to tuck it.

It’s not magic. If you are fat that P229 will make you look like a shoplifter; you might as well open carry.

:poop:

Guest TnRebel

I use a Kholster they are less expensive then the others and you can custom it to you , cut them down , cant angle, height n even what color die you want . ( to match your hand bag and pumps ) LOL

$39.00 each with shipping included.

Kholster

Guest bigsack

thanks for the input guys. i had been thinking going the com-tac route, but the kholster looks promising.

even with my cheapie holster i don't think ive ever been "made." im 6'3'' 230 i wear my pants/shorts a size bigger so i can hide it well.

does the kholster work with a p229 rail? i don't see it listed

Edited by bigsack

does the kholster work with a p229 rail? i don't see it listed

Send Jimmy an email. He's a really nice guy and I'm sure he'll get back with you really quickly.

Another thing about the kholster is that the lifetime warranty applies even if you modify the holster. There's a pretty neat video on youtube. Search for "modify kholster" and you'll find a tutorial on how this guy does his "combat cut" for the holster. Makes it look much better than original.

Guest TnRebel
Send Jimmy an email. He's a really nice guy and I'm sure he'll get back with you really quickly.

Another thing about the kholster is that the lifetime warranty applies even if you modify the holster. There's a pretty neat video on youtube. Search for "modify kholster" and you'll find a tutorial on how this guy does his "combat cut" for the holster. Makes it look much better than original.

Guest oldsmobile98

I use a Tucker Gun Leather IWB for my 4" revolver and like it a lot.

Their "Silent Thunder" holster for pistols is a pretty neat concept (kydex lined with leather), and they make it for the P229R. They make lots of other types of IWBs as well. All of their IWBs are tuckable except for "The Secret".

IWB Holsters - Kydex Holsters | Tucker Gun Leather

Not affiliated, just a happy customer.

Edited by oldsmobile98
I use a Kholster they are less expensive then the others and you can custom it to you , cut them down , cant angle, height n even what color die you want . ( to match your hand bag and pumps ) LOL

$39.00 each with shipping included.

Kholster

Wow, Great deal. I just got my MTAC a week ago. I still like the MTAC better, but not $40 better. lol.

Kholster at that price is the ticket. Otherwise i have to suggest the MTAC. The MTAC is the best holster i have owned. Crossbread, i hear, is another great choice.