North Georgia/Chattanooga

Guest sandmanfvr

Guest sandmanfvr

Member of Georgia Packing and wanted to be a member here. I live in North Georgia and work/have friends in Chattanooga so I carry in both states. :tinfoil:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sandmanfvr

Thanks all. On Hamilton place they post on their site no firearms but the food court entrance this weekend I saw NO sign. Accidentaly carried in there just a bit as I saw no sign but I won't do it again. Northgate has no signs and nothing on the website rules about not carrying. Just Ben CC for a few days.

Thanks all. On Hamilton place they post on their site no firearms but the food court entrance this weekend I saw NO sign. Accidentaly carried in there just a bit as I saw no sign but I won't do it again. Northgate has no signs and nothing on the website rules about not carrying. Just Ben CC for a few days.

Don't worry about it. To many places to search websites for, for permissions concerning carry. Most wouldn't list it anyway.

No sign = carry away! :P

Now, let me ask you a question...

Where do you shoot at around here?

Is there an actual range close by or just this mysterious "Pit" I keep hearing about the only place?

Guest sandmanfvr

I live on 40 acres so I don't need a range. Lol

Even if Hamilton place's site says no carry and they don't have signs you would carry?

Yes, Sir.

TN law says they must post signs on all the entrances.

Otherwise, you are not breaking any laws.

Tennessee law (T.C.A. § 39-17-1359) provides:

An individual, corporation, business entity or local, state or federal government entity or agent thereof is authorized to prohibit the possession of weapons by any person otherwise authorized by §§ 39-17-1351 -- 39-17-1360, at meetings conducted by, or on premises owned, operated, or managed or under control of such individual, corporation, business entity or government entity. Notice of such prohibition shall be posted. Posted notices shall be displayed in prominent locations, including all public entrances, shall be in English, and shall be at least six inches (6") high and fourteen inches (14") wide, stating:

PURSUANT TO T.C.A. § 39-17-1359, THE OWNER/OPERATOR OF THIS PROPERTY HAS BANNED WEAPONS WITHIN THIS BUILDING OR THIS PORTION OF THIS BUILDING. A VIOLATION OF THIS PROHIBITION IS PUNISHABLE AS A CRIMINAL ACT UNDER STATE LAW AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO A FINE OF NOT MORE THAN $500.

Guest abailey362

I carried every time i went in hamilton place when i lived up there. I always went in through jc penny, parking is easier and none of their doors are posted at any malls..so it's a win/win

welcome

Guest sandmanfvr

Well that is a cool twist well has anybody been seen carrying in Hamilton place and what happened?

On carrying in your car In georgia employers can't deny you unless on government property. What about in Tennessee?

Well that is a cool twist well has anybody been seen carrying in Hamilton place and what happened?
They can ask you to cover it up, put it in your car, or just to leave.

Nothing criminal unless you refuse to leave, then it's trespassing.

Guest archerdr1
TN has no such laws. The only two states (in the SE at least) that have that law are GA and FL.

I believe Mississippi has that law. My brother was wanting to carry to work and keep it in his car but it was an exception to the rule b/c his work is a school...unless they changed it recently.