I did it...

jdi731

Today I went and ordered me a new Kimber Pro Carry II today at Classic Arms in Cordova. Will post pics when I get it, I promise.

Anyone have any idea as to how long it'll take to for Classic Arms to get it in? After spending almost as much as I spent on one of my motorcycle helmets (yes, I spent more on a full face helmet because I'm crazy about my toys) I'm not wanting to wait. I'm so impatient.

After seeing the receipt for it my gf almost beat the hell out of me though! Not because of how much I spent, but because she didn't get to go to Classic Arms with me and see if she could find one for her. I'm worried about her getting a handgun though because she's got a shoulder injury and I don't want her hurting her shoulder again.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats ! ! ! ! !

I couldn't afford the Kimber (Kimber is short for: to die for) but I did buy the Ruger SR9c Yesterday in Nashville, They are very hard to find right now. Can't wait to shoot it after I get back from my trade show in Vegas next week.

Guest Halfpint

Hey dude, it's Chance... I'm the guy you ordered it from. I'll PM you availability.

Sounds like your girl is about like every woman I've ever dated... it's great to date shooters, huh? :)

Guest bart_p

That's a big +1 for Classic Arms! They are my favorite shop in the Memphis area. I used to go in a few times a week until SHE :tinfoil: put a strangle hold on things. Good people in there. Congrats on the purchase.

Bart

Guest benrook88

I just looked up some pictures of that Kimber and I must say, it sure is a pretty firearm. Congrats man, it sort of reminds me of my Sig p238, post pics soon :tinfoil:

It appears Kimber is way behind on orders right now so it will probably be a while before I get it...

Chance, thanks for the info! And she's more than a shooter... She rides 4wheelers, dirtbikes (even my little 50cc dirtbike I have for goofing off on), goes hunting, and can cook! I might be coming back in there and paying y'all another visit soon with her if she feels up to it just so she can start thinking about what she might want.

JPS, I'm not complaining by a long shot. Hell, for Christmas one of the things she bought me was a Benjamin Marauder .22 (HPA pellet rifle that doesn't make a sound other than a click and the pellet going thud) to get rid of the squirrels tearing up my house and my neighbors house.

JPS, I'm not complaining by a long shot. Hell, for Christmas one of the things she bought me was a Benjamin Marauder .22 (HPA pellet rifle that doesn't make a sound other than a click and the pellet going thud) to get rid of the squirrels tearing up my house and my neighbors house.

Cool!

By the way - I bet you'll like your new Kimber. I have an Ultra Tactical II, and find it to be a real pleasure to shoot.

I just looked up some pictures of that Kimber and I must say, it sure is a pretty firearm. Congrats man, it sort of reminds me of my Sig p238, post pics soon :hat:

Looks similar but the Pro's a bit larger. For comparison, here's my P238 and Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II (the Pro is about 1 inch longer and about a half-inch taller than the Ultra).

844a8619.jpg

Congrats on your new Kimber!

Chance @ Classic Arms is a great guy to deal with.

Now the bad news....

If they dont already have that gun on order, you could be looking at 3-6 month lead times from Kimber on all/most new orders.

Chance @ Classic Arms is a great guy to deal with.
I agree with you 200% and will be going back to him with the gf to let her look and have him help her out.
Now the bad news....

If they dont already have that gun on order, you could be looking at 3-6 month lead times from Kimber on all/most new orders.

I've heard about the wait times but not much you can really do but wait. I'm wondering which I will get first -- my carry permit or Kimber. I did my fingerprinting on 3/26 so we'll see.

Guest bta619
I agree with you 200% and will be going back to him with the gf to let her look and have him help her out.

I've heard about the wait times but not much you can really do but wait. I'm wondering which I will get first -- my carry permit or Kimber. I did my fingerprinting on 3/26 so we'll see.

I got my carry permit back in about 6 weeks even though everyone warned me that it would be at least 12 weeks minimal.

Guest benrook88
I did my fingerprinting on 3/26 so we'll see.

It took me 4 weeks after finger printing to get my license in the mail. And thanks for the Kimber, p238 comparison.