Legal to archery hunt inside city limits in TN?

Guest pws_smokeyjones

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes archery is legal.

Keep this in mind

It is unlawful to hunt, shoot at, chase, or kill any wild animal, wild bird, or wildfowl on public lands and waters within 100 yards of a visible dwelling house, whether or not such a dwelling is on public or private lands, without the owner's permission.

Guest Patty

You would have to check with the City Code's Dept. and find out if they allow hunting or not. And what game they would allow you to take.

Hunting in the city is tricky business. I would only attempt it if I had no other choice. The Codes dept and/or police department would be a good place to seek info. Plus, keep everything that "hunting 101" said in mind!

Guest pws_smokeyjones

Thanks for the replies. I ask because there is a flock of Turkey's that hang out in a field beside my office EVERY day - I have seen as many as 5 toms in full strut at the same time. I am very tempted to get to work early one day and hang out in the treeline with my bow. I will check with the city to be sure it is ok.

Funny this all came along. I live in the city limits of Westmoreland, TN. Granted we are a small town, but I've seen deer in my yard and the neighbors across the street have a small patch of apple trees so they are there in the early fall as well. I have seen turkey around the city but not in it......till today. I just pulled in from a run to Napa, 1/2 mile down the street and there were 4 birds in the back yard. 3 definitely hens as I went in and got bino's and camera. The 4th moved off in the tree line and haven't seen "it" come back out. I figure that might have been a jake.

I called on a pan call and got their attention. They have been feeding for 30 minutes now. I'll keep taking a look but they are holding up my progress putting some stakes down next to all the little trees I just planted.

If a jake comes within 30 of the house, well, let's just say I might want to get closer to him.

IMG_7484.jpg

IMG_7483.jpg

IMG_7482.jpg

IMG_7485.jpg