I'm bored let's see some 1911's

Guest BigShot
Here are some pictures of one I threw together last year. I really wish I could get it back now.

Dolomite

Hey Dolomite...

You done an awesome job on that GI to mod it up. Bet you do miss it.

Always a mistake to sell a prized possession. Been there done that.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willis68, that Wilson Combat is sweet.

If I ever have the money (not looking good right now), I am going to have Jeff at Hero Gear build a bobtail commander for me. The demo gun in that configuration is heaven in the hands. No matter how much I tell them I don't have the money for the thing, it seems that every sales person there finds a way to hand it to me.

It is very sweet, I wish it were mine :hat:

Guest gcrookston

Copy3ofdsc000873is.jpg

Picture_022.jpg

1911 Ser# 24212 (whereabouts unknown), Clark Custom Hardball, Shreveport Address, Build #8xx, residing at Hero gear.

Edited by gcrookston
Guest eyescream
Would love to but can't figure out how to post pics

Do you have the picture up on a hosting site like photobucket or tinypic?

If you do, there's a URL (web address, what you see in the bar on top of your browser) associated with that picture.

To post that picture on a messageboard, you'll need to put image tags around it, like this:

[img=url of the image goes here][/CODE]

Guest drc767
The best 1911 on the market

Really??? The "best 1911 on the market"? That is a pretty bold statement.

Edited by drc767
The best 1911 on the market, and all the money you'll save buying one.

600319775_sTzpS-M.jpg

All the money saved buying one, JWP it looks like you owe me 2 1911's as I counted about $8k laying around in that picture:D the Best 1911 on the Market :popcorn:

They are gorgeous... but I have to say, my SIG P220 is the one that got me over my 1911 addiction...

I love my P220, it has a really great SRT trigger and action enhancement but it will never remedy my 1911 addiction unfortunately :popcorn:

Guest pdogkilr

First 1911 - bought in 1970. Combat Commander, Wilson installed low-mount Bomar, NP3, Heinie "drop in" comp.

P3240315ISO400F11110-1.jpg

Comp-CDR2.jpg

First build - Series 70 parts, Wilson hard chrome. There is a 22 ACE Kit that was finished to match.

Colt45w22KitonGreen.jpg

Obligatory Hi-Cap 1911 - P14-45. NP3 Frame, Black Roguard Slide.

Para-AllAuto.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

13DEFENDER45ACPBLUE.jpg

Colt Defender

(When I bought this one, the wife already knew about the other Colt. I didn't want to hear the chatter I got from that one again, so I just dressed them alike to prevent hearing it all again. At a glance, she's never been able to tell the difference and thinks I only have the one Colt.)

COLT1911.jpg

Colt Series 80

kw51.jpg

Kimber Warrior

SPRINGFIELD.jpg

Springfield Armory Mil Spec.

All in .45 acp

DSC00001.jpg

I use this one on the kids. However, it's been classified as a revolver, but it's still up for debate

Edited by The Average Joe